69 Dart Radio Mounting Pics?

-

2fine69s

69 340-6pak Rag Top
Reaction score
Hey guys,
Anyone have any under dash pics of how an oem radio mounts on a 69 Dart. Both my cars had the radios removed long before I got them, and I'm not sure if there was any kind of brackets or such that held the back of the radio up. I'm assembling the dash now and am ready to put the converted radio in (much lighter than oem) and any help would be appreciated,
Martin

hear is the back side of a 69 dash ,Lawrence

Attachments

• summer2011 105 (Large).jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 190
  • dartgauges 022.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 236
  • dartgauges 021.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 223
two bolts/screws through the front metal dash & 1 bracket mounted to the frame & radio on the rear-- the bracket is visible in the top picture ,Lawrence

two bolts/screws through the front metal dash & 1 bracket mounted to the frame & radio on the rear-- the bracket is visible in the top picture ,Lawrence

Lawrence,
As I talked about in the PM, here is what mine looks like, and the bracket also...

Attachments

• IMG_3686.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 153
  • IMG_3684.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 154
  • IMG_3683.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 157
  • IMG_3682.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 148
I think your bracket mounting bolt is in the wrong place-- not sure-- but a valaint/barracuda radio is very similar & the face plate can be swapped.

I'm pretty sure that mounting bolt should be on the bottom side of the radio, the picture of the bracket with out the radio shows the correct orientation of the bracket for my car. Lawrence

Hi Martin,

I'm not sure why but a lot of the image links in my thread are not working.

I'll locate the dash pictures and mail them to you.

In the mean time take a look at these photos.

Attachments

• Back of radiuo 2.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 166
  • back of radio.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 175
  • Radio bracket .jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 138
-
Back