69 dart restomod

-

elitesrock2

Reaction score
Beginning to build my first car. A 69 dart currently a 3 on the tree custom. in proccess of getting the engine for it which is a 340 with forged bottom end H beam rods, ross pistons 11.7-1 compression .655 lift solid roller cam and x heads with super victor intake. which will be in front of a vertigate hemi 4 speed. gonna run a dana 60 rear axle with 4.88s 29x11.5s. I'm leaning more towards the look the superstock darts had but instead of black steel wheels i was thinking of some slotted mags painted gloss black. fiberglass hood pin on and fenders too maybe. So it'll be restored but restored into a racecar essentially. hoping to have it running by next summer. some pictures for as to how it currently looks

00p0p_5VxKTCT8J3T_600x450.jpg

00s0s_jXfYV20a1qK_600x450.jpg

00t0t_4ZtGhT5v5VN_600x450.jpg

Got the car paid off and found out this car is a factory Radio delete, 7 1/4 posi car. Also is the very first car off the line from the california plant in 1969. sequence code is 00001 which makes it a pilot car so one of 200 hand assembled to show engineers on the line how to assemble them will post pictures and proof of the sequence number tomorrow

Been alittle while since i've wrote anything on here for this car. But she's getting ready to start the tubbing process. Gonna do art morrison aluminum tubs, aluminum trunk piece recessed for the fuel cell and the relocated battery and box. putting an 850 demon carb on the 340. After locating the both build sheets and discovering there was no fender tags i'm going to have new ones made as it should have a tag saying Job #1 and the other options. but the car is a factory q5 turqoise car with white top. Also a factory radio delete car. Ended up changing my mind from mini tubbing to going all out. and all should be done in full by next summer. going to run 15x14 rear keystone klassics with 31x18.5 hoosier dot slicks. probably gonna paint the black on those wheels the q5 turqoise the car is and also the engine that color. 15x7s up front with 215/65s. 5.38 rear geared dana 60 fabbed out of a truck housing.(have a jig to narrow and also can fabricate a pinion snubber) will have pictures very soon.

I'm not a purist by any means and I know it's your car so you can do what you want but I think a car that rare would be a prime candidate for a factory correct resto

And exept for the trunk work,cage and chassis stiffening the car is going to be an extremely nice car. I don't want to build a "good enough for a racecar" kind of thing. it will be a very very nice car. and also will be driven on a regular basis.

That would be a toss up for me as to how to rebuild this one. With that being a pilot car, a correct resto would be the first thing to come to mind. But then you said slant six and that's where I'd be torn. A 340 car would make it a no brainer. Slant six? Yeah I might have gone the same route you are. Good luck!

-
Back