69 Dart side markers

-

SpeedracerX

Still on this side of the dirt member
Reaction score
I have a quick question hopefully someone can help me out with.. How did they hold the side markers in the quarters on the 69 Dart?? The fronts have a bracket, long studs and nuts.. the rears however I cant figure out.. there is no where near enough room between the quarter and the trunk floor extension to allow this set up.. plus the new quarter I hung from Stephens Performance seems to have a 'bracket' already part of the quarter.. so.. were there clips used or what? I am somewhat lost on this one LOL ...

I replaced mine several years ago, but I remember there being a bracket that was glued or welded to the body panel, then the lens was attached to that with 2 screws... Am I close?

You could be lol. I honestly don't know. The passenger side one was gone completely and you really can't see down in the trunk floor extension on the drivers side to see what's going on. It has me baffled lol

1BADGTS is correct on this........Stephens Performance is also correct.......that bracket behind rear side markers is factory original, side markers were just pushed into bracket with clips, alltho some lenses have the clips already broken off due to age and were just glued on.......hope this helps

The piece that lens clips into is the issue. The Stephans quarter has two slotted tabs in the hole where the side marker goes. I'm trying to figure out what held the whole thing I place.

I was wondering about this myself,so I went out and snapped a pic Hope it helps. Jeff

Attachments

• 69 DART.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 109
Originally, the 2 tabs that are welded to the backside of the quarter panel had Tinnerman clips (or "J" clips) installed onto them. The side light BEZEL is attached to the car with 2 sheet metal screws with FLAT heads into these clips.
The lens is then snapped into the bezel. The back of the plastic lens has retaining clips molded into the backside the corespond to the holes in the bezel.

Hope this helps.

George

Originally, the 2 tabs that are welded to the backside of the quarter panel had Tinnerman clips (or "J" clips) installed onto them. The side light BEZEL is attached to the car with 2 sheet metal screws with FLAT heads into these clips.
The lens is then snapped into the bezel. The back of the plastic lens has retaining clips molded into the backside the corespond to the holes in the bezel.

Hope this helps.

George

Thanks George, that actually does help quite a bit.. and thanks to everyone else as well

Now I guess the next question is, does anyone have any of these bezels and clips? are they even being repopped?

You can get bezels on eBay, and the clips are generic hardware store stuff. Probably like Sears hardware etc.

Glad to help.

George

-
Back