69 Dart side markers

-

Snake

Mopar Nut
Reaction score
Has anyone ever installed peanut bulbs to side markers our 69 Darts did not come with them,dont know why? but i would like to do this mode,share your thoughts.

Yeah, I was surprised to see no lighting on mine. If I was going to add lighting I would definitely go LED. I don't know what the best way would be to mod them though.

probably easier in the long run to find a same sized fixture and cut it into the fender dimple , than modifying the lenses base and making a pigtail etc ... , the big question I guess is why ?

the local parts places here usually have a pretty good selection of red and amber rectangle fixtures mostly for trailers that are pretty thin and a trip with a tape measure just might yield what your looking for .

Is the lenses made to handle 194 heat .. i am assuming you will install on park lamp cir ?

Is the lenses made to handle 194 heat .. i am assuming you will install on park lamp cir ?

YES, I hope to use the park lamp cir , one would think the lenses will handle the heat the trick will be not getting to close to the lenses.

Snake that would be my only concern ... those 194's put out some heat ...

another issue will be getting a socket and bulb in the space allowed for the 69 rear markers... as it is, its a pretty tight fit between the quarter skin and the side of the trunk floor extension... it will take a little fabrication... But I too have often thought the 69 Dart would look better with illuminated markers...

I cant think of a lesser bulb that has less light than 194 with same brightness any clue?

another issue will be getting a socket and bulb in the space allowed for the 69 rear markers... as it is, its a pretty tight fit between the quarter skin and the side of the trunk floor extension...

Again, LED! An LED will put out significantly less heat while giving the same amount of lumens as a 194. Plus, fitting an LED would be much easier than any traditional incandescent bulb.

This ^ , however I wasn't talking about buying something that didn't look original you could probably find a complete assembly for a couple of bucks -maybe even LED and swap it into the stock lens .

another issue will be getting a socket and bulb in the space allowed for the 69 rear markers... as it is, its a pretty tight fit between the quarter skin and the side of the trunk floor extension... it will take a little fabrication... But I too have often thought the 69 Dart would look better with illuminated markers...

I have had a good look at the rear speedracerx its just a mater of drilling through trunk floor extension no big e ,I do agree it will look good.:glasses7:

Ok we are getting some interest here I just took a look at the LED they say to match the color bulb to the lenses,true or false,to me the LED looks to have the same end as an 194 true of false,so will i be able to use an 194 pig tail,I must say i am pump doing this,i like the 1 off approach.So thankssssssssssssss to all who have help.

Personally, I would not use an LED 194 "bulb" if you can solder. I would get an individual LED in white, and just add the proper resistor inline to work with it. You can get a much better LED in quality and brightness compared to the cheap LED "bulb" replacements going this way. Plus, you end up with a much smaller piece to install (just the LED itself!) making the retrofit easier.

-
Back