69 dart survivor!

-

mopow3r

Reaction score
i just picked up this 69 dart western sport special, this car was garage kept its entire life, it has 52 thousand original miles on it doesnt have a single ding or first spot of rust. underneath the car is as clean as the rest of the car, even has the original spare and jack. the only thing different is the vinyl top has been removed, and the roof was perfect underneath.. which is unbelievable lol. but this thing drives amazing and better than most of the newer mopars ive owned. all it needs is paint (i think im going with B5 blue) and a set of rallye wheels. but im extremely happy i found this car and cant wait to get it in the paint booth.. Stay tuned :)

Attachments

• d1.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 240
  • d2.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 256
  • d3.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 223
  • d5.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 232
  • d4.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 231
Wow, your car, but I wouldn't even consider painting that either. It's a very unique color too. That's a beautiful survivor.

Ive heard doing the 2 barrel swap could actually help mileage, does anyone have any slant six experience?

I would leave it as is. I don't think the 2bbl conversion will net any extra MPG. The Carter BBD is not a progressive 2bbl. Both barrels open at the same time, so mileage would probably go down a little bit in trade for a little bit of extra power, but not much. I would leave that thing as is and drive the wheels off it.

Congrats! Beauty car, and if you need another opinion...dont paint it! Daily driver just like that and be proud!

I would leave it as is. I don't think the 2bbl conversion will net any extra MPG. The Carter BBD is not a progressive 2bbl. Both barrels open at the same time, so mileage would probably go down a little bit in trade for a little bit of extra power, but not much. I would leave that thing as is and drive the wheels off it.
nailed it! lost a little gained a little...

-
Back