69 Dart Swinger ignition switch

-

CRUZE 418

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Help. Just bought a 69 Dart Swinger that has a lot of issues. Got a new ignition switch and key set, because the old one had the face of the key set missing. Now realize that the old switch was for an earlier year. The new lock set and bezel are different. Is there another insert that goes into the hole? Other than the bezel that screws onto the switch?
Cruze426

some cars use a plastic trim peice and others use a chrome bezel. I believe 67s used the chrome one... Shape and hole size are different.

Help. Just bought a 69 Dart Swinger that has a lot of issues. Got a new ignition switch and key set, because the old one had the face of the key set missing. Now realize that the old switch was for an earlier year. The new lock set and bezel are different. Is there another insert that goes into the hole? Other than the bezel that screws onto the switch?
Cruze426
some cars use a plastic trim peice and others use a chrome bezel. I believe 67s used the chrome one... Shape and hole size are different.

The new switch does fit into the hole of the dash. So, I may be looking for the proper trim piece? Have not seen one at all of the parts venders.

My 68 uses the plastic trim peice... I believe the 67 uses the chrome cup ( Which reminds me I have one I promised to send to 67ragtop in Canada)

-
Back