69 Dart trans crossmember

-

71autoxr

Reaction score
Getting around to detailing all the parts for reassembly for my bastardized dart. It is a 69 Dart which will have a 340, a later spool type K member and a A-833 OD transmission.

Which trans cross member do I use?

I am not able to mock up the engine and trans right now. I have both the early and later cross members and am pretty sure I'd use the early one (match the car) Right??

Not sure which mount your trans has but if it is the same as orig then use the orig one. If the mount bolts to the early and later trans the same then stick with the orig so if you ever have to change it in the future and forget you won't have to worry

You can use either, spool or biscuit, style mount as long as you use the complete set up.

The spool mount style are tougher to break.

I have 2 of the early style mounts,(2 left ones in the picture) and I thought the one on the far right of this picture was a later A-body, but the mount is offset from the early one. Can anyone confirm if the one on the right is a later A body (73+)??

ps the 3rd from the left is am e-body.

Attachments

• P9160011.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 92
The one on the far right looks like a 73+ spool mount to me. I would use that one if you are going to run the spool K member.

thanks burt orange (nice car btw) why would the later cross member place the mount points to the trans further forward (or backwards) from the early one?

thanks burt orange (nice car btw) why would the later cross member place the mount points to the trans further forward (or backwards) from the early one?

Thanks you. don't know for sure but I think it mounts to the trans a little differently. I should of paid more attention when I took my 75 Duster apart. Some one here will know for sure.

-
Back