69 dart wheel & steering questions

-

VDART

Reaction score
I was test fitting wheels on my 69dart today--- the 14x7 steelies will not fit the rear of the car. they look great on the front though.
My questions:
A: will 14x7 with 235/60 tires be too much to steer? I'm converting to manual steering also.
B: can I fill the rear wheel well with a custom 14" steely or do I need a 15" one
C: what back spacing for stock rear & 1/4 panel lip? & tire size

The car will retain the stock rear end dimensions & small bolt pattern-- I am looking for the effect that the picture shows on the fronts.
Thanks Lawrence

IMG_2073 (2).jpg

IMG_2072 (2).jpg

When I first got my dart, it had 235/60/14 on 5.5 wheels all the way around.

Sumtin is wrong if you can't fit 14 x 7's on the rear. Ran stock wheels w/4.25 b/s and 236/60's w/out clearance isues.

Too big of a tire for the front, appearance-wise.

thanks, I have not checked the bs of the wheels I have-- but the bs is wrong as it puts the tire towards the wheel lip-- while leaving lots of room at the rear. this is a 235/60/14 tire,, I have asked some people for pictures & what rim & back space they are using.
Thanks for the answers-- Lawrence

As far as being able to steer that size tire I think it can be done with a manual box. I used to run a bias ply tire about that size (might have been a little smaller, it was an E60 14) on front of my car with no problems. A quick ratio manual steering box might be a different story. I've never driven with one of them. Looking at your pic, you might be able to fit that tire in front okay with the correct backspacing. Mine was 14 x 7 with about 4 3/8" backspacing and a 7/16" swheel spacer.

-
Back