69 Dart Wing Glass Frame Replacement

-

mokid

Reaction score
The one still installed in driver's side door has a broken clip (part of frame) at top part of glass. Have an entire assembly ready to install but can't get the old one out. It is loose and will move a little. Looks like it should just lift up and out. Is there some trick to getting it out? Does the door glass have to come out first?

frustrated.....looks like it should be simple........tx.........mokid

The glass needs to come out first. The frame will need to be rotated to clear the bracket at the bottom of the window channel. Once the glass is out, there is a nut at the bottom of the door that needs to be loosened. You'll see where a pin goes through the bracket on your replacement. There's a nut on the bottom of that pin. There is also an allen head bolt you need to loosen. There's a small hole above the door panel you stick an allen wrench through to loosen. There is an adjuster at the front of the frame that you'll need to turn in too. I'll try to get you some pictures tomorrow if you need them. I'm still getting mine back together and the frames are just sitting in the doors right now, so it won't be that difficult. Let me know and I'll try to point you in the right direction.

I'll work on it some more some time this weekend. Will let you know how it goes. Could not get that little plug/clip out where the door glass connects to the regulator. It looks like it's a compression fitting of some sort. Will spend some time and figure out how it works. tx for the info..........mokid

mokid, I'm not sure how much help I can give you as far as removing the door glass. But I don't think you need to separate the glass from the bracket. Mine are still attached. I think you can just slide the regulator arm out of that bracket after you take the up stop off. Looking at yours, do you see a door glass up-stop anywhere? I'm thinking it might be the plastic rivet at the rear of the glass, but I'm not sure. I'm pretty sure you'll have to remove that though. Also, you'll have to remove the rubber stop at the top of the door glass channel so the glass can slide up and out. It's been about 7 years since mine was taken apart and I'm trying to figure out how it all goes together myself.
I just went down and took some pics and uploading them right now. Let me know if you get the door glass out and what you find and we'll go from there. I'm certainly no expert, and I'm doing some reverse engineering. So, if anyone else has anything to add, go for it. Hopefully we can figure it out.

Hey mokid, I was just thinking, if you could take some pics and add them it might make a good tutorial for anyone else that's doing this. The service manuals I have don't go into much detail for us A-Body guys unless I'm missing something.

My weekend just got "rescheduled", so it will be the middle or end of this coming week before I get a chance to work on the door. I removed the plastic rivet at the rear of the glass. When I get it out, will take some pics and post them. May be of help to others. tx for the replies/info...........mokid

-
Back