69 Fastback rear glass seal issues

-

50coupe

Reaction score
Resto shop is nearing completion of body and paint work on my '69. They have tried rubber gaskets from Precision and Steele Rubber. Both fit like garbage. I have had no luck finding NOS #2841 832. I'm getting real discouraged. Hours and hours of getting the body and paint slick. NOS grills, tail panel, new glass all around, plus lots of reproduction stuff. Only to have it look like this. Any one got a new direction for us to go with? Thanks, Victor
IMG_1543.jpg
IMG_1544.jpg

I used precision, I got mine to fit better than that but still a hair off in the corner. I kept working the rubber over and over. took a while. I did not used any sealer.

Resto shop is nearing completion of body and paint work on my '69. They have tried rubber gaskets from Precision and Steele Rubber. Both fit like garbage. I have had no luck finding NOS #2841 832. I'm getting real discouraged. Hours and hours of getting the body and paint slick. NOS grills, tail panel, new glass all around, plus lots of reproduction stuff. Only to have it look like this. Any one got a new direction for us to go with? Thanks, VictorView attachment 1715725840 View attachment 1715725841

Hi Victor,
I just checked my 68 cuda back glass gasket. Its a Precision purchased about 3 years ago and it fits perfectly! I noticed an issue with your stainless trim though. It doesn't seem to be fitting flush to the body in the corners and is exposing quite the gap. Was there body work done in the back glass mount flange? Is that the original rear glass or is it a reproduction?

Hi Victor,
I just checked my 68 cuda back glass gasket. Its a Precision purchased about 3 years ago and it fits perfectly! I noticed an issue with your stainless trim though. It doesn't seem to be fitting flush to the body in the corners and is exposing quite the gap. Was there body work done in the back glass mount flange? Is that the original rear glass or is it a reproduction?
Hi Victor,

Nobody body work or rust repair to flange. After market glass. Wondering if they have gasket tight to glass edge and needs to be tight to flange edge more? Thanks, Victor

-
Back