Not open for further replies.

eschroeder1

A-body Freak
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Contact seller
Just thought I'd see if there are any fish biting out there.

I have a 68 Cuda Formula S 340 that I believe is a matching # drivetrain car. Dont know for sure cause there's no VIN stamped on the engine, but the casting and date codes match the body production date real close, and all the engine bay parts scream original, so is it or isn't it. You guys tell me. Anyway it has all the documentation buildsheet and original window sticker. Options include deluxe bucket seat interior, center tach, 4-speed console, bolt-on mag wheel hubcaps, with an 8.75 sure grip 3.23 rearend. I'm looking to trade for something of the same configuation but with more of the desirable options to include headrest seats, KH disc brakes, and rallye dash package. I know you're going to harrass (sp?) me about pics, and will post some later. Oh...I failed to mention that its all stripped down and ready for a rotisserie resto. I have restored front grille, new interior package, and quarter panels that go with the car. Any takers out there

Eric

Welcome! I don't recall the exact # but there were about 350 or so 4 speed 340 Notch's in 68. The likelihood of finding another one with the options you want is pretty remote. Have you considered just adding the options. Its a rare car and definitely more valuable than a 318 or /6 car but still, not super valuable. The changes would probably not effect the value of it as long as you save all of your original parts.

Also, are you sure you are looking in the correct location for the vin# on the engine? Its on the back drivers side of the block where it mates to the bellhousing.

And yes, we want to see pictures.

Vin for the block would be on the bell-housing flange behind the drivers side head.

Hey...well what do you know...it is a matching # car. Thanks for the info. I've been looking for that ever since I bought it three years ago now.

Eric

Hey...well what do you know...it is a matching # car. Thanks for the info. I've been looking for that ever since I bought it three years ago now.

Eric
I have a 1972 Dodge Demon with a 1969 340 w/x heads and a 4 speed tranny in it.The frontend has been completely rebuilt and is converted to front disc brakes.It has a brand new pro comp dist,module and coil.The rearend is an 8.75 suregrip w/ 3.55 gears and the it too has been rebuilt.It has a 4spd console,new hedman headers,with complete new exhaust system and it has the two hood scoop that are so defining for a Demon.This cars original color is Petty blue.This car needs very minor body work ,paint and interior.If you areintersted.Please email me at [email protected] I am also willing to trade for a 1969 Dart.

how much cash would you trade for?

Sorry....not for sale

ES

Good Call. Why the change of heart?

I had this 69 340 Notch. It was a nice solid car with original paint but I didn't like the automatic, power steering and brakes. I really wanted a 4 speed with no power anything so I sold it. (Anyone know where it is?) I was all hung up on wanting it to be original. It would have been a much better, cheaper and easier idea to redo it the way I wanted. It too almost ten years before I found what I wanted and I didn't keep it all original anyway.

Still would like to see some pictures of your 68.

Attachments

• hpqscan0001.jpg
    170.4 KB · Views: 429
Yup. Mines a 383 4spd car but I wanted a little bit more power then that. I can always change it back to stock.

Just thought I'd see if there are any fish biting out there.

I have a 68 Cuda Formula S 340 that I believe is a matching # drivetrain car. Dont know for sure cause there's no VIN stamped on the engine, but the casting and date codes match the body production date real close, and all the engine bay parts scream original, so is it or isn't it. You guys tell me. Anyway it has all the documentation buildsheet and original window sticker. Options include deluxe bucket seat interior, center tach, 4-speed console, bolt-on mag wheel hubcaps, with an 8.75 sure grip 3.23 rearend. I'm looking to trade for something of the same configuation but with more of the desirable options to include headrest seats, KH disc brakes, and rallye dash package. I know you're going to harrass (sp?) me about pics, and will post some later. Oh...I failed to mention that its all stripped down and ready for a rotisserie resto. I have restored front grille, new interior package, and quarter panels that go with the car. Any takers out there

Eric

Sounds cool Roy, but actually I'm currently restoring a 71 Demon 340 as well. I like those Demons. Had one in high school. It was white with a black vinyl top, bucket seats and a floor-mounted 3-speed. By the time I bought it the 340 was gone so I put a 318 in it. I sold it to a guy back in the late 1980s from Brownwood, Texas. Has anyone seen it?

ES

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back