69 power to manual

-

Vitamin c

Vitamin c
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
guys,
Currently im building a 69 dart swinger with power disc. whats involved in switching from power disc to manual disc? Ive already done the KH disc to Wilwood disc conversion, and am now having a 408 stroker put together. The engine builder has not specified a cam choice yet, but says that power brakes will make quite a difference in his cam selection and HP. So, will a mopar aluminum MC and lines be the only changes, or will i have to replace proportioning valves and such? I would prefer to stay with power due to the fact that ive already rebuilt the entire system, MC, booster,and lines.

All you will need to do is disconnect the bellcrank from the brake pedal, and pull off the master cylinder and booster. Then replace them with a manual master cylinder and brake pushrod. The lines you have should be able to be rebent and connected to the manual master cylinder, the fittings are the same size. The rest of your brake system will work just fine as well. You could also try a vacuum reservoir to run your power brakes.

ok, the mopar lightweight aluminum MC and pushrod will work? no firewall adapter/ support modifications, or proportioning valve/ line work will need to be done? probably should have done this from the start!

well, i pulled off the power booster and mounted the origional MC directly to the firewall, rebent the origional lines,and no problems there. second, i purchased the Mancini adjustable brake pushrod and found a couple issues. First, the 1/2'' hole in the brake pedal end of the pushrod is not drilled large enough for the origional power brake pushrod shouldered bolt. doesnt seem to be to big of an issue that a drill press wont solve. second the pushrod is to long, and cannot be shortened without some cutting and threading of the male portion of the pushrod set up. hopefully it can be threaded without any issues. Does anyone know the correct length of an origional manual brake pushrod?

-
Back