69 swinger ..cluster panel queston ??

-

mopars0

Reaction score
I decided with the price of gas I would do some work to my dash on the old swinger. My wiper motor linkage came off ,light have not worked for awhile and the gas gauge quit working. Anyway took the dash pad off, removed the front bench seat...so I can get my big A$$ in there. Radio delete is out the glove box is even out....easy job !! YEAH RIGHT. I have the steering column lowered down , speedometer cable disconnected, ignition switch out. Do I have to disconnect the light switch and the wiper switch or take them both out ?? It was getting late , I was tired , hot and called it a night. I can move the cluster all around but just can't see what is hanging it up. Also have it disconnected at the pegs ( both of them ) there is only two right ?

Need some help here !!!!

Thanks Guys.....

Yup, pull the connectors from the light and wiper switch. There will also be your round electrical connector for all your indications and your (+) power run to your Ammeter. Once the light/wiper & electrical connector are pulled you can pull the cluster closer (towards you) to get at the Ammeter wire (screwed on to the meter). I'm not sure about when you said you had pulled the ignition to get the cluster out??

69signetv8 said:
Yup, pull the connectors from the light and wiper switch. There will also be your round electrical connector for all your indications and your (+) power run to your Ammeter. Once the light/wiper & electrical connector are pulled you can pull the cluster closer (towards you) to get at the Ammeter wire (screwed on to the meter). I'm not sure about when you said you had pulled the ignition to get the cluster out??
Hey, thanks Man.... I guess I meant that I even pulled the ignition switch , then found out that I didn't need too. By that time I was just tired, hot and mad !! :cussing:

Thanks again, I'll give it another shot tomorrow...

Thanks 69signetV8.... it came right out , guess I just needed a little break.

Thanks again..... now I have to figure out the wiper linkage!!

I have since gotten into a real mess, I was working on the wiper linkage this afternoon and the new SUN amp gauge. Put the linkage all back together , put the amp gauge in the housing under the dash, still have the dash cluster out of the car. I put the battery cable back on and it sparks some... no biggy , the headlight switch is on I figure...... well by then, my fuse link is smoked but that's good because it could have been worse. Anyways I figured that the only wires I messed with was the amp gauge ....I find out that the insulator on the amp gauge had one corner broken off which I didn't see and when I tighten it down the wire hit the case.... So when I mounted it into the housing ....SHORT !!! But I have since corrected that problem and will move on the the gas gauge tomorrow. This has turned into a real pain in the A$$..... One good thing , I had a spare fuse link anyway !!!

I did fire the car up, the gauge and wipers both worked good !! :happy4:

-
Back