69 swinger under dash wire harness ??

-

mopars0

Reaction score
Man, I guess I didn't know what the hell I was getting into with this thing ..... I have worked on the wiper linkage, gas gauge ( thanks to everyone who has given me advice). The crazy horn hasn't worked since I have had the car so I figured I would fix it while I'm at it....RIGHT !! No wires to the horn relay ... I thought they might have been cut out but there's no signs of that. I have a new front harness like I said before, I have tracked it back from the horns to the firewall bulkhead. Under the dash it comes out of the block and into the harness ...the harness doesn't look like it's been cut but there is nothing going to the horn relay. Now I'm not the smartest one on the block but shouldn't there be a connector for the relay ( 3 wires) one coming from the horns, one for power and the other one to the switch ( horn button ) ??? or did I just totally miss the boat on this. Thanks again for your help.. I know one thing...... this is the last time I'm ever messing with anything under the dash !!!!!

MOPARS0

On my 69 Dart, The wires for the horn relay come out of the main harness right at the fuse block just before the harness feed into the fuse box. There's only about 3 to 4 inches of wire on those 3 wires at that point coming out of the taped loom before you reach the connectors that connect to the horn relay

416stroker said:
MOPARS0

On my 69 Dart, The wires for the horn relay come out of the main harness right at the fuse block just before the harness feed into the fuse box. There's only about 3 to 4 inches of wire on those 3 wires at that point coming out of the taped loom before you reach the connectors that connect to the horn relay
Thanks 416stroker... at least I know where to look now not sure if they cut anything out but one thing for sure I couldn't see anything that looked like a connector by the fuse box. I'll look a little harder !!

Thank You...... :salute:

do you have a good ground wire from the battery to the frame/body? and also one from the battery to the block? if not that could be alot of your trouble.

sweatybetty said:
do you have a good ground wire from the battery to the frame/body? and also one from the battery to the block? if not that could be a lot of your trouble.
Yeah, I'm grounded good... I just can't find the crazy connector for the horn relay under the dash. Someone before me has been under the dash messing around and I don't have a clue what all they did. Sure don't want to have to buy a new under the dash harness. What gets me is that everything still looks so nice and neat with the harness , doesn't look like anyone has messed with it but I guess I'm wrong. Oh well, life goes on.....I'll figure out something.

Is your fuse box still mounted in the correct place under the dash just to the left of the E brake handle mount. Right there where the harness goes into the fuse box just coming out of the electrical tape that the harness is wrapped in, should be those 3 wires and their connector ends. The relay is right there mounted to the inside of the left side kick panel. You might have to unwrap some of the tape and go back up the loom a ways to see if they were in fact cut off, but that's right where they should be coming out of the harness.

yeah, the violet/green will be in 1 "T" style connector, and the black/white stripe will be by itself. let us know if you found it. leave bread crumbs if you get lost..............

redfastback said:
yeah, the violet/green will be in 1 "T" style connector, and the black/white stripe will be by itself. let us know if you found it. leave bread crumbs if you get lost..............
Good One ..might have to do that. Man I was looking at the harness and there just is no connectors anywere near the fuse box. I don't exactly know what they did but somethings not right. I would say that they have cut it out for some reason. I know that they cut the connectors out for the rear harness behind the kick panel. and wired nutted things together. All I know is I have lights and wipers working ok now ...I'm not buying a new harness just to have the horn work, I put a little horn button under the dash if I have to.

I'm done playing around with this crazy thing.....thanks to all

-
Back