69 to 73 Dart headliner swap

-

valiantdave

Reaction score
What is needed to go from the ribstyle headliner to the cardboard style headliner.I`m very unhappy with the headliner in my 69 dart and want to go with the later style.What parts will interchange and what parts will I have to find.

As far as I know all that holds the hardboard headliner up is the domelite, the windsheild gasket, and the rear window and upper door opening trim.

Dave,
Dante's Mopar parts sells the 73-76 style headliners in ABS plastic. He advertises on Moparts and you should email/call him and ask about it. His latest versions are supposed to be pretty good and he now makes them them for sunroof A-bodies also. You won't be able to find anyone reproducing them in the cardboard like material.

Remember I had to custom make one for my sunroof Duster years ago as no one reproduced a headliner back then. I glued marine vinyl over a corrugated plastic like material. Finding a suitable backing material large enough is the tough thing but two pieces may work ok also. My headliner is pretty much like a hardtop one except it's flatter or doesn't curve as much in the middle due to the sunroof panel plus it's got a hole in it of course!

I can stop by sometime and hopefully answer some questions you have about a possible swap. Plus if you want to take a closer look at mine feel free to stop by anytime we can get together.

Cya, Brian

-
Back