69 under construction / 440

-
Well since I'm still waiting to get the Dart certified for the road.... went to local cruise night tonight and loan behold my buddy big Harold ( keep in mind he's crowding 7' tall and 63 )was there with his Gremlin. He's spent the last couple years redoing some different things on the car ie: paint / motor / all the electrical/ the hauler and truck that pulls it. Almost ready for its first pass at the track. Awesome job imo.

20230812_164533.jpg

20230812_170228.jpg

Finally ! Legal for the road ! Tomorrow I'm going to fabricate / install a return fuel line and different fuel regulator , during the shake down runs I can hear the fuel pump thinking about cavitating also the fuel pressure gauge bounces around time to time so I would imagine the fuel is getting warm enough to vapor lock so this should be a proactive countermeasure. With luck Tomorrow night we'll hit the first cruise night, unless lack of fittings are an issue.

20230915_140427.jpg

We took the Dart to its first cruise night . Not a big turn out but decent. On the way home the volt meter all of a sudden went from 14.5 volts down to 11 volts . Once we got home took a quick look , battery was down in charge /belts seemed to have right tension / no wires melted from heat or fuses blown. Over the next couple days did some continuity n load tests / popped the alternator and battery out ... ran it to a local alt/ starter rebuild shop . Both tested perfectly. Put it all back together then grabbed the fan to rotate assembly and the belts are slipping. Took the belts off and noticed the March pulleys have powder coat in the v grooves causing the belts to slip so took a scratch pad removed what I could retightened belts ( little tighter than normal) and will test today .

20231001_171635.jpg

20231007_154905.jpg

Last edited:
Looking good Terry ! We should have cruised over ourselves, but that firewood piling took a LOT of beer!

Last edited:
After a bunch of shake down runs I wasn't happy with rpm vs mph ( 2900-3000 @ 50 mph ) , 3/70 gears in the 9" are great for hole launch & fun factor but overall drive ability/ fuel consumption/ constant higher rpm's on the BB not so good. Ordered a set of 3/25's and installed them now ready for a test when it gets warm and some rain to wash salt brine off the roads.

20240106_142755.jpg

20240106_142818.jpg

Last edited:
-
Back