'69 Valiant parts interchangeability

-

65s

Reaction score
I have this 1969 Plymouth Valiant Signet:

What other cars will interchange a windshield? Is it standard a-body?

How about the windshield trim?

Wheel lip mouldings?

pretty sure they're standard a body. mopar muscle used a later dart windsheild on their 67 valiant build

yeah man you can use 67-about 72 I think. Just watch for a somewhat obvious detail: the duster windshield has rounded upper corners. As far as wheel molding chrome goes the valiant is on its own! the fenders and rear wheel wells are not the same as the dart. However they will fit through 72.
If you have a 2 door. I hope you dont need any side glass. I looked for quite a while to find a drivers side door glass. They are 67-69 valiant or 67-69 Dart SEDAN only which a dart sedan was kinda rare. Overall the top of your valiant and you fenders and rear wheel wells are about the only thing different from similar year darts. Hope this helps! Oh by the way I may sell my Signet dash panels I have if you are interested. I have one Radio delete and one heater delete as well as one signet glove box door. The heater delete is new in original box (68). Im not too interested in selling unless you need it to restore or finish and it is realllllllly needed. Just cause I think they are kinda kool. Lata' :toothy7:

Excellent tips 4mulaSvaliant, thanks. Don't need the panels. This car's got a radio delete panel and it's all in good shape except the instrument cluster panel and the dash pad.

Hey, What's goin on? I have a '73 Valiant and I know alot of the glass is interchangeable. My first car was a '74 back in the late '80s and the back glass is different from the '73 as well as the back end (tail lamps, trunk lid, roof line, etc.). I know they are part of the Valiant design that includes 1969 because I also looked a '68 and a '69 before finding the '73. I really liked the body lines of the '68 and '69 so I grabbed the '73 for it's low miles, condition, and back end of a '69. I know it has the same length as the '69. In the '74 and later Valiants grew a few inches. If I'm not mistaken, I think it went from 108" to 111" in 1974. It also has the grill and dash interior of my first car and the 318 and front disc brakes. I'm not 100% sure but I think front disc brakes from a '73 could install somehow on a '69.(?) I don't know but if I had a '69, I would want to see. Enjoy your cool ride! - notorius318

Yeah, mechanicals will all interchange within all A-bodies, even early A-bodies. It's other things I'm not too sure about like glass, window trim, wheel lip mouldings. I guess I've answered my own questions actually, along with everyones help. Thanks a lot guys.

yeah that may very well be the case 73' may have been the last of that body style for the valiant. Im pretty sure that it changed to looking like the dart in 74. lata' guys

-
Back