69 Valiant radio delete?

-

td96ram

Reaction score
I did a search but i didnt find anything for the Valiant, did the 1969's come with a radio delete? if so is there a source for a delete plate? mine doesn't
work anyway so i want to eliminate it.
Thanks
Tim

do you know the number on the delete bezel. or do you have a picture of one. i my have one

do you know the number on the delete bezel. or do you have a picture of one. i my have one
I will have to see if i can get a number from somebody with a parts manual.
Tim

Is this what you are talking about?

Mounts 001.jpg

Mounts 002.jpg

my is different must not be for a valiant. mine matches the dash grain and looks longer. i will look for it and take a picture and post it.

I had one! Actually I still may have it. Unfortunately, I was an idiot with it, and did unmentionable, horrible things to it! Ill have to see if its still kicking around. If so, Ill get the number off the back. I think I may have a picture of it in my build thread. Ill look tonight to see if I can get you a number!

Ok thanks guys i will wait to see what you come up with.

OK well, I lied. well not really. I have both a heater delete, and a radio delete.
The heater delete is the one that has been "modified" LOL I really wish I hadn't done it actually, but its done now! The heater Delete panel has been dissected, neatly, but none the less dissected!
The Radio Delete is currently in my Valiant. Ill post a link to my build thread in case you didnt check it out.
Now there are several different one based on what "trim line" you had. (Signet, 100, 200) The 100 (mine) was very low trim level and had no "panels" over the dash face. The 200 had plastic face plates (I think) and then the Signet had the nice aluminum ones that you can find in my car now. I actually plan to cover the "Signet" emblem because I don't want to portray my car as the Signet.
Anyhow, I may be wrong on a bit of that but over all I think I'm pretty close here.

Ahhh found what I'm referring too. Here is my current dash.

gauges 022.jpg

Sorry i sould have stated that i have a 100 model i was hoping to get a look at a delete plate for a base model,i see a couple of posts on on guys using magnetic sheet material sprayed the dash color but i thought if i could find the right one at a resonable price i would rather go that route.
Really enjoy watching you build progress 4mulaSvaliant, i just bought mine and cant wait to start working on it as soon as it warms up.
Tim

-
Back