69 Wiper/Wash knob

-

grjammer

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I finally found a reasonable NOS (small) 2 speed wiper switch. My question is about the word "Wash" on the knob when installed. When the wipers are turned on, the text is horizontal, (normal), when off its sideways. the way the instrument panel is "keyed" to the shaft it cant ever be normal horizontal text when off. Is this how they all are? I don't want to drill out and make the knob a set screw round hole type if I can avoid it.

May be wrong, have been before many times but my 69 2 speed knob has no lettering.

I was under the impression all 2 speed units had foot pumps for wash in A-Bodies. Mine does.

Last edited:
68-71 2 speed wipers had no option for electric washer. They were all foot pump. Now 72 i'm not so sure about. Still looking for a 68-71 2 speed knob smooth chrome without lettering. See pic below. The 2 speed used a smaller shaft than the 3 speed and V speed

Screenshot_20180727-060742.jpg

68-71 2 speed wipers had no option for electric washer. They were all foot pump. Now 72 i'm not so sure about. Still looking for a 68-71 2 speed knob smooth chrome without lettering. See pic below. The 2 speed used a smaller shaft than the 3 speed and V speed

View attachment 1715233270

Thought so, the discussion was for 69 2 speed. You make a have another interested party.

the small shaft smooth knob I have is pitted up. I added the wash bottle and electric pump on the 69. I guess I will live with the "WASH" being vertical until turned on. out of 4 67-69 cudas I have yet to see one that has a foot pump lol.

67s all had either 2 speed , 3 speed, or V speed all 67s came with the electric pump. 68 up is where they started with the foot pump. My old 68 fastback i had in the late 1980s had one

-
Back