69'Barracuda Windshield Wiper Setup

-

Hemioutlaw

Make America Great Again!
Reaction score
Hello,

I have a 69' Barracuda (originally a 340 Formula S now with a 440)that was purchased without windshield wipers,motors,linkage etc.Car was registered and legal in Cali where I used to live but here in Texas it won't pass the Mandatory safety inspection without the wiper setup and I would like to put them back on the car.So here's my ? I am looking for someone with parts interchange knowledge to tell me what other cars and years shared the same parts.I am going to need the complete setup and if you have or know of one I'm ready to deal.Also curious what I should expect to pay and what would be a fair price for this setup.I have seen aftermarket blades and motors pretty cheap and rebuild kits for the original motors.Any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated,I am at ya'all experts mercy :prayer:

Hello,

I have a 69' Barracuda (originally a 340 Formula S now with a 440)that was purchased without windshield wipers,motors,linkage etc.Car was registered and legal in Cali where I used to live but here in Texas it won't pass the Mandatory safety inspection without the wiper setup and I would like to put them back on the car.So here's my ? I am looking for someone with parts interchange knowledge to tell me what other cars and years shared the same parts.I am going to need the complete setup and if you have or know of one I'm ready to deal.Also curious what I should expect to pay and what would be a fair price for this setup.I have seen aftermarket blades and motors pretty cheap and rebuild kits for the original motors.Any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated,I am at ya'all experts mercy :prayer:

Better to just get all the parts from a donor. (BarracudaKid?) I do know that some of the linkage parts are different between the 2 speed and 3 speed. (or was it variable) Get the shaft seals from Schumacher while you're at it to keep water off your feet.

It doesn't have to come from a Barracuda only. Any complete setup from and a-body will work. Complete meaning matched set motor and switch and linkage.
we can figure out the wiring difference to get it wiping.
What to know...
The 3 speed motors are popular, especially with big block owners, since these are offset gear motors allowing more engine clearance. The variable 3 speed switches are rare and costly though.
A standard 2 speed setup serves the purpose for most of us.
67 model has all bronze bushings.
The aftermarket does have plastic bushings for all types.
You will be wise to renew any linkage and the pivot posts before installing behind that rally panel.

It doesn't have to come from a Barracuda only. Any complete setup from and a-body will work. Complete meaning matched set motor and switch and linkage.
we can figure out the wiring difference to get it wiping.
What to know...
The 3 speed motors are popular, especially with big block owners, since these are offset gear motors allowing more engine clearance. The variable 3 speed switches are rare and costly though.
A standard 2 speed setup serves the purpose for most of us.
67 model has all bronze bushings.
The aftermarket does have plastic bushings for all types.
You will be wise to renew any linkage and the pivot posts before installing behind that rally panel.
Thanks for the advice,sounds like a 3-speed motor will be required as it is a big block car and I had to use a shoe horn to get it in there.I was told that just 67-69' Barracuda's,67-73 Valiants and 67-73' Darts shared the same setup.I was really trying to validate that before I made a purchase. If your saying that all A-bodies from the era will fit it would certainly broaden my search efforts. I have seen a Mopar parts interchange book but it was quite expensive and if I bought it it would really chap my patootie if it didn't contain info on the wipers

As I stated , there are differences in mechanical parts, electric parts, and wiring.
Where and how the various parts mount in the car didn't change.

-
Back