-6AN or -8An fuel line?

-

OCswinger

Reaction score
I will be running a 360, Aeromotive Stealth 340 fuel system, and a Quick Fuel 650 carb. My question is will there be a significant drop in performance if I were to go with the -6AN? I feel I am a little out of my depth on this one.

I have a 3/8 pickup in my stock tank and a 6AN line from the back up to the carb. I make 525 hp at the flywheel, and my car doesn't miss a beat. As long as your fuel pump can supply the volume of fuel needed to feed your motor, the 3/8 or 6an will be fine.

I have a 3/8 pickup in my stock tank and a 6AN line from the back up to the carb. I make 525 hp at the flywheel, and my car doesn't miss a beat. As long as your fuel pump can supply the volume of fuel needed to feed your motor, the 3/8 or 6an will be fine.

If you have 3/8 in tank there would be little to no benefit to run 8AN

Never said i was running or needed to run an 8AN. You will need to buy an aftermarket fuel cell in order to run an 8an fitting. Or weld on a fuel drop box with 8 an fitting to the factory tank.

Never said i was running or needed to run an 8AN. You will need to buy an aftermarket fuel cell in order to run an 8an fitting. Or weld on a fuel drop box with 8 an fitting to the factory tank.

1/2" factory stainless senders are available.

If you're sucking from the tank, the bigger fuel line may help. But if you have a fuel pump in the rear, I don't think there will be much pressure drop in a -6 vs. a -8 and the smaller line is easier to route. Consider that the needle and seat in each bowl is only .120 or so in diameter. Two of those openings is much less area than a single .32 fuel line, so will be the biggest restriction.

-
Back