6pt. roll bar for '65 Dart

-

A/MP

Reaction score
I had asked for suggestions for a 6pt rollar bar kit before. I saved the replies but somehow they were delelted. I saw an installation of a kit, might have been Competition Plus ( that's what the 3link suspension was). A 3" tall square tubing was used to get the rollbar high enough to protect the drivers head. It just kissed the headliner. It looked like a bad install. The owner was not the original installer and didn't have a clue as to the manufacturer. Any thoughts.

I have an S&W setup in my '65 Dart. Had them send extra long rear bars that I had bent to follow the roof and then go through the speaker holes in the package tray. S&W kit worked well after some minor trimming and notching.

Any chassie shops in your area,reason i ask is i'm not a fan of those "kits",always seems to be issues with them,i had both my roll bars custom made/installed they came out perfect and just the way i wanted them,the one in my duster is a 6-point chrome moly with driverside swingout,good down to 10.0's cost $1200.00....

Even though I own tube bending equipment, if I can get cheap shipping, I get the kits. I've worked with S&W, ChassisWorks, and Competition Engineering. They all seem to fit very well in my opinion. Sometimes, you cannot purchase the steel (the CORRECT TUBING) for the price of their kits with metal prices skyrocketing. When I install a customers 'cage, time is money, and if they do not want something special, it saves them cash for other needed items. My advice,and thats all it is, is to look at the "overall" price. The equipment needed, tools, delivery,etc...
Good luck with your project.
Dale

-
Back