-
Status
Not open for further replies.

fstfish66

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Contact seller
wanted a 7 1/4 rear for an A body,, complete perfered small bolt pattern,,and locally to philadelphia pa i met a guy with a nice valiant,, noisy rear,, would like a new one or a place to buy replacement parts,,,thanks

[email protected]

i wasnt sure if there were any 8 1/4 rears with smal bolt pattern,,, he has sbp rally wheels,,and doesnt want 2 diferent bolt patterns, im sure if there was an 8 1/4 with a smal bolt pattern that he would be fine with it,,,

car not orignal,, / 6 with a 4 sped out of a van,,,orignally 3 on the tree,, nice car,, convertable,,

I think fstfish means he is looking to buy said Valiant, (right? ) and wants an original rear end to replace the bad unit. As for why not just upgade: It's a bunch more money - even assuming you find a small bolt pattern A body one they're not all that cheap, and if you go with the large bolt pattern suddenly your into it for wheels and tires at least on the back, then you would have mismatched bolt patterns unless you also spent the money, time and effort to install the front brakes, wheels and tires. All in all, a very worthwhile change, but everyone's pocketbook, time, and skills are not up to all of this. Simply swapping for another rear end could be the difference between the car staying on the road or becoming just another garage queen project.

i have a complete 7 1/4 rear w/10" drum brakes and suregrip!! the gearing is 2.76. i am in louisville,oh, northeastern ohio.

I have gears and pinion out of a 7 1/4 rearend. They are in good shape.
Think they are 2.76 gears but can't remember for sure i would need to confirm that.
Let me know if interested

thanks for all the replys,,, i met a guy with a valiant that need a rear,,complete runnign 7 1/4.. but i just talked with him he has located a parts supplier,so i think he is going to repair his rear, but thanks for all the intrest,

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back