7 1/4 rear end brake hose

-

barbee6043

barbee 6043
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
65 dart 225 slant, the rear hydraulic hose screws into the tee, my experience is with the 8 3/4 where it was one piece if i am correct, question is: will a front hose work to use there at back to screw into that tee???? hate to pay $30 for a new unit. O 'reilly auto shows the rear hoses as left and right! LOL!! front hoses are actually cheaper thru "classic industries" than local parts store. maybe someone can recommend Ebay supplier or other???? thanks

65 dart 225 slant, the rear hydraulic hose screws into the tee, my experience is with the 8 3/4 where it was one piece if i am correct, question is: will a front hose work to use there at back to screw into that tee???? hate to pay $30 for a new unit. O 'reilly auto shows the rear hoses as left and right! LOL!! front hoses are actually cheaper thru "classic industries" than local parts store. maybe someone can recommend Ebay supplier or other???? thanks

I am just showing it priced for $19.99 here from Oreilly's and it is the same price at Autozone.

Rock Auto is a good supplier.
Shipping would likely eat up any possible savings.

i stood there this afternoon and the rgular guy stands there and swears the computer shows right and left rear hoses! i didn't look at it personally, but then too i call for price on alt, they order it, first guy prices it at $52 the n i pick it up and its $54, go figure!??? just wondering if a front hose will screw into the tee there at the ( 7 1/4) rear. )?? gonna take old one off tomorrow and see. one thing i've found is that difference in price for 9 vs 10 in brake stuff, lots time the 9 in stuff is substantially higher. i.e. wheel cylinders, drums, hoses, maybe i need to check prices around but i live 80=90 mi trip to the city and buy most at the small local towns, still 30-35 mi trip. i have also found price differnces between stores at different locations. ( Wallyworld has different prices between stores based on their volumn i have found. i know, i'm a p_ _ r a _ _ cheap _ _ _! LOL

i stood there this afternoon and the rgular guy stands there and swears the computer shows right and left rear hoses! i didn't look at it personally, but then too i call for price on alt, they order it, first guy prices it at $52 the n i pick it up and its $54, go figure!??? just wondering if a front hose will screw into the tee there at the ( 7 1/4) rear. )?? gonna take old one off tomorrow and see. one thing i've found is that difference in price for 9 vs 10 in brake stuff, lots time the 9 in stuff is substantially higher. i.e. wheel cylinders, drums, hoses, maybe i need to check prices around but i live 80=90 mi trip to the city and buy most at the small local towns, still 30-35 mi trip. i have also found price differnces between stores at different locations. ( Wallyworld has different prices between stores based on their volumn i have found. i know, i'm a p_ _ r a _ _ cheap _ _ _! LOL

The computer does show a right and a left. That is because the hose has multiple applications, might even be used on a Chevy/Ford or who knows what and it could be on either side of the pumpkin.

View attachment xxxxx.jpg

You can run up the other part numbers shown in the picture but none of the hoses look correct except maybe the higher priced one.

Attachments

• bbbbb.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 124
thanks for the info, i guess i can get them to order several different ones and take the old hose in, i will go out in few minutes and pull it off, took 2 days of penetrant to get the old brake lines to give it up( yes i know i should order new repop lines!) ( groceries or new lines??? answer is i like to eat! LOL!) got a feelin it might look just like the front ones ( which should be 14 in. for what i can determine 9 the ones on there now are little short)

i got the rear hydraulic hose off while ago. its like 14 1/2 inchs long and like the front hose, except maybe different brand. it screwed into the tee so looks like any front hose would work??

i bought same part recently from rock auto for my 66 dart. no issues.

-
Back