7-11 near by ??

-

1970-dart

Reaction score
For those of you with a 711 near by. Redbox: Buy a Big Gulp now thru 8/31/15, and you'll get a code for a free 1-day DVD rental. Find a store near you: http://bit.ly/Find711

I don't use Red Box any longer. Credit card security issue. Poor at best.

just my 2¢

Myself and many people I know have been using them for over 10 years and never had an issue. So while I am sure it can happen to any company its just as much chance of fraud if you slide it at a grocery store or use it online or you a local restaurant .

Myself and many people I know have been using them for over 10 years and never had an issue.

they been around for that long ?

wow

anyway, since we are on 7-11, are they still doing free slurpies on 7/11 ?

they been around for that long ?

wow

anyway, since we are on 7-11, are they still doing free slurpies on 7/11 ?

Yep it was originally founded by McDonald's believe it or not Lol. Parent company now calls itself outerwall and they also own Coinstar eco-ATM and many other vending ventures around the country

Redbox Automated Retail LLC was initially funded by McDonald's Corporation.[6] In 2002, the company placed four automated convenience store kiosks that sold grocery items such as milk, eggs, and sandwiches as well as 11 DVD-rental kiosks in Washington Metropolitan Area locations. Redbox withdrew the grocery kiosks within a year, but the DVD-rental kiosks succeeded, and the company changed its focus to that market. In 2005, Coinstar bought 47 percent of the company for $32 million.[7] In early 2008, Coinstar exercised an option to increase its share from 47% to 51%.[7] In February 2009, Coinstar paid McDonald’s and other shareholders between $169 and $176 million for the remainder of the company.[8]

Myself and many people I know have been using them for over 10 years and never had an issue....

Well, I had an issue to the tune of over $10,000 dollars charged to my credit card in a two month period.
....and yes, we did find how the crooks got my credit card info.

I'm not telling you not to use it, I'm stating only that I don't use it, and why. I would wish that on my worst enemy.

Well, I had an issue to the tune of over $10,000 dollars charged to my credit card in a two month period.
....and yes, we did find how the crooks got my credit card info.

I'm not telling you not to use it, I'm stating only that I don't use it, and why. I would wish that on my worst enemy.

I totally understand and I don't blame you and again it could've happened anywhere to anybody. It would be pretty easy for scam artists to put on credit card copy thingies or whatever you call them on Redbox kiosk because a lot of them are outside.

But I know for a fact that all 40,000+ kiosks around the country get checked at the very least one time per week for any fraudulent equipment or even sticky residue on or around the credit card readers antennas or anything else to do with the system. It is very unfortunate that it happened to you and I'm not sure how long ago it happened but I can assure you that the company takes it very seriously and does all they can do to minimize that type of stuff from happening but unfortunately if it can happen it will to somebody and where there's a will there's a way people will always be trying to cheat people and it could happen at your local ATM or anywhere else. Unfortunately for you it happened at all unfortunately for Redbox at happened at one of their machines.

I hope that you got it straight and got ur money back.

-
Back