7:55 a.m

-

Arron tate

T B L
Reaction score
On this day in 1941 the world was changed forever...
Please take one moment out of your day to reflect and give thanks for the ultimate sacrifice on all sides.
RIP.......
Happy Mopar :)
Arron.

Yes sir.
My uncle served as a submariner on the USS Archerfish and was deployed in the Pacific theater, fresh out of High school.
He's 96, and to this day, he is still with it and still remembers.
God bless them all.
Otherwise, like the song goes, we'd be speaking German under a Japanese flag!

20211207_085427.jpg

Last edited:
Yes sir.
My uncle served as a submariner on the USS Archerfish and was deployed in the Pacific theater, fresh out of High school.
He's 96, and to this day, he is still with it and still remembers.
God bless them all.
Otherwise, like the song goes, we'd be speaking German under a Japanese flag!

View attachment 1715832331

Through my interest in WW2 since I was little, particularly the Pacific theater, I remembered that the USS Archerfish and her crew had quite an accomplishment in their career, sinking the Japanese aircraft carrier Shinano. It was the largest ship ever sunk by a sub. It was an aircraft carrier built on a Yamato/Musashi battleship hull.

USS Archerfish (SS-311) - Wikipedia

Can't offer enough thanks to the greatest generation! :usflag:

On this day in 1941 the world was changed forever...
Please take one moment out of your day to reflect and give thanks for the ultimate sacrifice on all sides.
RIP.......
Happy Mopar :)
Arron.
Well said. Thank you to those who served and to those who sacrificed.

@Locomotion
Yes indeed.
My uncle, John Potanovic, is still very proud of what the crew of the USS Archerfish accomplished.
He was also present for the signing of the peace treaty between the US and Japan in Tokyo Bay.
If you get some time, here is a recent you tube interview of my Uncle talking about his tours of duty, it's about an hour.

Joe

-
Back