Reaction score
Small SUV: Jeep Compass
Midsized SUV: Nissan Pathfinder
Small Car: Dodge Dart
Midsized Sedan: Chrysler 200
Minivan: Dodge Grand Caravan
Pickup Truck: Nissan Frontier
Least-Satisfying Overall: Acura ILX

I, personally, only have experiencing with 2 of these vehicles, the new Dart, and the Grand Caravan.
The Grand Caravan was a good driving, good handling, vehicle, and pretty flexible. IMO.
The New Dart was torture to me. There was nothing I liked about it.

Here's the story on the 7 vehicles listed above...

7 Cars Owners Regret Buying

HA...the caravan
i had forgotten about that

one van, 3 transmissions, boy, those were the days

you can add my GMC acadia to the list, ill be looking to replace that clunker real soon here

Wow ! Chrysler gets 4 into the finals !

Consumer Reports is not very scientific in its evaluations....
I remember when they said the Caravan was reliable but the Grand Caravan was not.
Unless they broke in the middle that just doesnt make sense due to the fact that they were the exact same vehicle other than the Grand being 6" longer !

I also remember them giving a thumbs up to the Reliant and a "do not buy" to the Aries.....SAME CAR !

Subaru Legacy was a recommended buy new .... 2 years later NOT recommended used...???

I am not familiar with the new Dart or Caravan.
The 200 is just an inexpensive car (Transportation)
Nissan Pathfinder appears to be a Mazda from the looks of it ? Older ones were outdated but good rigs...
Nissan Frontier is outdated but a reliable little truck.
Acura ILX is a superb car in quality and performance. The Rev-Matching 8 speed dual clutch trany and direct injected (bulletproof !) 2.4 really
rocks for a small car . It's flaw is it is just too expensive for the market it's aimed at....Young people don't make that much money these days.

IMO....

I have a 2016 Nissan Frontier. The turning radius is too large but no problems other wise. The 4.0 engine has plenty of power and I like the stiff suspension. It's a truck so I don"t expect it to ride like a car. It is old style design but should have most of the bugs worked out making it more reliable. I average 19 MPG but if my wife drives it gets closer to 12 MPG. I have owned a 1988 Nissan Pathfinder, 1992 Nissan truck and a 2004 Nissan Frontier and they all were very reliable with no major problems.

Only one. - A 1986 Chrysler 5th. Avenue -- bought it new -- sold it in a week.

-
Back