70' 440/727 Duster: originally 340 4spd disk brake car.

-
Status
Not open for further replies.

finnman1

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
1970 Plymouth 440 Duster
VS29HOB206117

67' Hi-Po 440 cu in
"#'s" matching 915 closed chamber heads
10.5 to 1 Diamond pistons (runs on 91 octane)
Cleaned, Honed, and Deburred LY rods
Stock-stroke Steel crank
Performer RPM Intake
Holley 850 CFM Double Pumper
.509 lift cam
Mopar electronic ignition conversion kit.
Accel SS coil and plug wires.
Holley Electric fuel pump with regulator set at 7 psi. Tank has been sumped for the electric pump.
3-row Big block A-body radiator
3800k Stall Converter (727)
B&M pro ratchet shifter. (cable operated) full reverse manual valve body.
Shortened driveshaft and Loop installed.
Subframe Connectors installed.
4 pt. roll bar
8 3/4 rear end with 4.30 richmond gears and spool.
15" by 10" Centerlines out back with Centerline skinnies up front for the fenderwell headers, which is a nice cut job. 9/10 of the inner fender material is still intact!
Currently has 10.5" wide super sticky IMCA circle track tires on the rear, However, i have a fresh pair ofk correct fitting 11" slicks that come with the car.
Dual Dynomax muffs. (nice and quiet) If you want loud, you're just 3 bolts away from instant open exhaust. :)
4-way Toggle switch for mini starter, electric fuel pump, line lock, and VHT pump.
6" tach, oil pressure, vacuum, and water temp gauges installed in cheapo makeshift gauge panel. I believe all gauges are autometer brand.

Fiberglass Fenders
Fiberglass lift off 6-pak hood
Fiberglass Front Bumper
All the glass is U.S. made and has rolled edges etc...

The Duster is virtually rust free. The car was bought by its second owner around 1973 and street raced off and on in Chicago until about 1995, during which time, the vehicle was garaged as it never left the garage until the person i bought it from purchased it from that 2nd owner in 2006. He had the car for about 6 months until i bought it after selling my Dart. Now, i'm packing up and heading west for a US Fish and Wildlife Service job offer and need a down payment for a house! When i bought the car it had (and still has) the windshield washer resivour mounted in the trunk near the battery which via the toggle switch up front; squirts VHT on the slicks for instant hook-up during so called;)"illegal" street racing.

The floor pans, trunk pan, frame rails; the complete undercarriage has been untouched by rust. This car has been garage kept since at least 1973. There is minimal rust on the lower quarters. It is about the size of if you held up a pencil horizontally along the bottom edge of the quarterpanel. Other than that, this is the most solid car i've even seen. The car is in ugly gray primer now, but i would have cleaned up some of the dings and reprimed it before painting it. This car will need MINIMAL body work. The engine/drivetrain is in perfect butt kicking condition! FUN CAR!!!

I took it to the track this summer and without tuning OR slicks; pulled a 12.60et. This was stalling at 1500k rpm and virtually having no traction through 1st gear. This car is a... torque monster! In it's current tune, with the slicks on, the consensus is that the car will pull at least low 12's in the 1/4.

You will, however, will want to replace the dash. The interior is not complete and is the bad part of the duster. The heater assembly was taken out. And there are no arm rests because they seem to have disappeared one night this fall. I guess somebody needed them more than i did. Also, I was going to recover the seats eventually as they have one tear per seat. It's not embarrasing, but the interior is far from "show condition." Other than that, this is a complete car and everything is there. It was daily driven to and from work this last summer, and has very tame street manners.

If you are serious and have the $$$, shoot me an email at [email protected] .

I have a digital camera and can take close up pics of whatever you want to see!

$14,400 - I am motivated to sell, but i can't lose too much $ on this deal.

Chris Finn
(319) 230-3962
[email protected]

DSCF2850.jpg

DSCF2854.jpg

0902071345.jpg

DSCF2871.jpg

DSCF2852.jpg

the 4spd pedal, z-bar, etc... is all still there. i have the headlight bezels that i took off, changing the headlights to 'non-30 year old light bulbs.' haha. let me know if you want any pics of any particulars, inside trunk inner quarter area. trunk lid-top bad water spot or whatever you call it. post a bunch and ill take them when i get a chance from "home-time" chores and activities.

dont worry about the passenger side of the car as all the pics are taken from the drivers side angle shot lol, i am extremely right-brained. ill take a pic of the left side tomorrow if i get a chance in the afternoon. haha...

Interior needs serious help! the dash pad is a complete catasthrophy. dash itself would be a fine "driver' but has been cut up by the 3rd owner.:angry8: i would finish professionally (new panel) or replace. 150 speedo, etc... BY the way, i do have a $250 gift certificate from Year One as she'll be in Mopar Muscle in the March 08 issue. Headliner $60, ( i have the support rods) etc... Back in 05' i entered the young guns contest. I'm 23 now... sold the dart, but they're featuring the duster anyways...:evil3: pics, article... :iconbigg:

So, the interior really isnt that bad, i have quite a few parts for it up in my garage. The gift certificate will come with the car. I will not go below $12,000! I paid $14,500, put another $100.00 in it. I still have to buy a trailer!!!

1217071547.jpg

1217071547a.jpg

1217071547b.jpg

1217071548.jpg

1217071548b.jpg

1217071548a.jpg

1217071549.jpg

1217071550.jpg

1217071550a.jpg

1217071551.jpg

I love how you can see the paint underneath the undercoating on that frame rail pic!

And, here are more.

1217071556a.jpg

1217071551b.jpg

1217071552.jpg

1217071553.jpg

1217071556.jpg

oops... tried to edit and get close up pic of left side. would only save as bitmap and forum wont allow large bitmaps... (hey adam)

Notice i sanded off a ton of primer when buying to see what was under there. Thats factory brown high lead primer.

$12,000 and cant go any lower. Fair price for what it is i guess. I keep thinking moving and selling my car will be the greatest thing i ever did, or the thing i'll worst regret.

If anyone would like any further yet pics, shoot me an email... i can continue posting them here, or email them back, whichever is easier.

1217071454.jpg

1217071502.jpg

1217071556a.jpg

http://s218.photobucket.com/albums/cc55/finnman1/

Here's some kick-butt vids of her and my turbo dart.

Drove it out of the garage today. Made me want to take a ride, but the snow prohibited that, haha, you should ride this baby to Work every day! Wow, the looks. ha ha

NEW Dash Pad, Headliner, Package Tray and P-Tray insulator from Year One will be shipped to my house hopefully next week! Give me a call if you can do business.

hey ya'll, i'm selling my "x" heads and 750dp in the parts for sale section as well. I'd like $300 for the heads which have no issues per the shop and $200 for the Holley.

Price now lowered to $7800. Emergency forces sale. Most of the interior has been redone. (in black)

So you do or do not have the heads on the car? Ebay buy it now is 7400. Any dealing on price? Trying to get dad to loan me the money until I sell my dart. How far is Waterloo from Sioux Falls, SD?

Yes, the heads i sold were 340 small block heads. Sioux Falls is about a 3 1/2 hour drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back