70--71--72 seat questions, pic request?

-

blue440duster

Reaction score
OK the seats in the pics are from my first car a 71 340 duster now some here say they came from a 72 seems the legendary catalog backs that up I can't verify the build date of the car(maybe late 71?) because I cut the car into little pieces in 1986 because the left front frame was severely rotted(yes I saved lots of the goodies) then scrapped those pieces and gave the title/vin tag/fender tag to Galen Govier when I had him do my current dusters fender tag..... don't ask me why I did that because I don't know why!? DUH MY first Car!:banghead:

Now on to the point....

My current car came with a bench but now with a roll cage I would like to use these buckets **BUT** I want to recover them to correct 70 low line(no applique)

So I guess my question is what are the differences(WITH pics preferably) in the side and rear of the seat? do 70's NOT have the plastic back?

Help me see the light.

Attachments

• DSC00449.JPG
    71.8 KB · Views: 157
  • DSC00450.JPG
    66.3 KB · Views: 152
  • DSC00451.JPG
    61.7 KB · Views: 142
Those are 72 seats and identified by the small seat release side button. Hard plastic backs were used thru the 72 model year. Soft back seats started in 73.

Those are 72 seats and identified by the small seat release side button

So how/what did 70 release buttons look like? I'll assume that I will not be able to convert these to correct 70's?

I'm not sure about converting those to the 70-71 seat style. Your 72's have the button integrated in the seat itself. The 70-71 seat release button is a separate metal hinge.

With that said, if all you're trying to do is cover the seats in 70 patterned vinyl, I'd call Legendary and ask them.

Here's a 70 Duster seat and it kinda looks like the release mechanism on it is down lower on the seatback than yours :scratch:

Good luck.....maybe try placing an ad here to trade them for 70-71 style?

Attachments

• Bucket Seats A-Body 007.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 134
  • Bucket Seats A-Body 010.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 133
I'd be interested in those 72 seat covers if you can get the 70's to fit.I need the stainless trim and Id like to see if they fit my frames before I order some.:glasses7:

-
Back