70-71 A-body bucket seat release buttons?

-

carcrazyguy

Reaction score
Anyone happen to know the part number for the seat back release buttons for 70-71 A-body buckets? Do any other Mopar seats have the same release buttons?

Those buttons are the same for A, B & E body bucket seats. I posted this in your Wanted thread too.....

I think I have a set like in the pic, but not 100% I'd have to check. You might not like the price!

Let me know. I need a set....badly.

As for them being the same on A-B-E, do you know what the part number is so I can try to locate a set?

If your interested in selling, I would have one side less to hunt down! :)

Does anyone have a part number, a manual cut away of what all parts are needed or even a picture of the button removed from the seat? I am 350 miles away from the shop that putting the car back together and trying to hunt down these parts and have not been able to find any "solid" info on parts.

I know 70 Charger bucket seat release buttons are not the same as the Duster. The Duster buttons are approx 1 1/4 inches long (70 Charger buttons are longer). Shop owner checked his car to verify.

I'm beginning to think from what you just posted that you have the late 71-72 style release buttons.

Like this maybe?

Attachments

• P1100159.JPG
    136.6 KB · Views: 172
  • P1100157.JPG
    123.1 KB · Views: 160
That stye I think is molded completely with the back of the seat. The large button 70/early71.. is just the hinge covers boomerang shape. I have a set of the later 71/72 seats in storage but if my bad memory is correct I think it's all one peice with the back cover.

That stye I think is molded completely with the back of the seat. The large button 70/early71.. is just the hinge covers boomerang shape. I have a set of the later 71/72 seats in storage but if my bad memory is correct I think it's all one peice with the back cover.

Here are the seats from when I bought them several years ago....

Attachments

• Duster bucket seat.jpg
    106.5 KB · Views: 167
That's a 72 seat and should take the small style button I just posted a pic of above........

Unfortunately, no I do not. I bought these several years ago (as pictured) and just now got around to using them. The shop has already installed the 71 foam and seat covers.

What did you use for the seatbacks? Got a pic of those?

Here's a pic of the 70-early 71 seats that accept the metal hinge covers. The seatbacks are completely different than the 72 style...

Attachments

• Bucket Seats A-Body 009.jpg
    123.1 KB · Views: 142
Here's the 72 style seatback that uses the small button. Your upper seat frame determines which style button is needed.

My $$ are bet on the 72 style.......Good Luck

Attachments

• P1090887.JPG
    140.2 KB · Views: 133
When I ordered seat backs I ordered.....

MD474100 71-74 Seat Backs.....from Classic Industries.

Makes me wonder now, if Larry has tried to install the backs. I may a have a "cluster" on my hands. Never a good idea to try to make all this work from so far away from the project.

The problem is not really what backs to use they repop both, problem is where to get the button and hardware which I don't think they repop

Damn..........It's liking pulling teeth around here sometimes :rolleyes:

If you find you have the 72 style, I'm pretty sure I have what you need. I didn't pull those pics out of thin air.....

I sent Larry an email asking that he send me a pic of the seats from all 4 sides. Hopefully that will help answer all the questions! Thanks for all the help as I try to work through this. I have not seen the seats since they have been redone. Only heard from someone else that they were recovered and siting covered in plastic in the corner of the shop. Hopefully I am not going to end up having to hunt down a set of 70-71 seats and start all over.

When I ordered seat backs I ordered.....

MD474100 71-74 Seat Backs.....from Classic Industries.

Makes me wonder now, if Larry has tried to install the backs. I may a have a "cluster" on my hands. Never a good idea to try to make all this work from so far away from the project.

It looks like you've ordered the small button style backs.

I sent Larry an email asking that he send me a pic of the seats from all 4 sides. Hopefully that will help answer all the questions! Thanks for all the help as I try to work through this. I have not seen the seats since they have been redone. Only heard from someone else that they were recovered and siting covered in plastic in the corner of the shop. Hopefully I am not going to end up having to hunt down a set of 70-71 seats and start all over.

If the seats are already recovered, I doubt the pics will help. Ask him to look underneath the seat for a metal tag. It's rectangular with a bunch of #'s stamped. Have him send you a pic of that....

Sorry, just trying to help..........frustrating to say the least :toothy10:

-
Back