-
Status
Not open for further replies.

JWRICH

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Contact seller
These are the original bumpers off my 71 Demon project. Front will fit 70-71 Dart/Demon, Rear will fit Dart, Demon, Duster, or 67-71 Valient.

Original chrome on these was in poor condition. Not rusted, just blemished. I was planning to paint these in body color.

Rear bumper has only 2-3 small areas where shallow dings were filled. It is now coated in SPI Epoxy Primer and has been blocked flat and wet sanded to 800grit. It is ready for paint now.
Front bumper has a small area on the right-center top edge that will need additional attention before painting. It has been coated in SPI Epoxy primer, blocked, and wet sanded to 800grit as well (before I noticed the area that still needed repairs)
It is absolutely usable... I just decided to change plans and went with new chrome bumpers instead.
Both will ship with the appropriate qty of new fasteners that have also be coated in SPI Epoxy Primer, ready to paint match to your needs

These will ship in size-specific packaging that my replacement chrome bumpers came in, so will be properly packaged/etc.

Rear: $300 Shipped within lower 48
Front: $200 Shipped within lower 48

Located in Marshalltown, IA 50158

IMG_1214.jpeg

IMG_1215.jpeg

IMG_1216.jpeg

IMG_1217.jpeg

IMG_1218.jpeg

IMG_1219.jpeg

IMG_1220.jpeg

IMG_1221.jpeg

IMG_1222.jpeg

Okay i ll take the rear but is it chrome or stripped?
It was an original chrome bumper. I roughed it with 80grit on a DA Sander before applying the epoxy primer, so should have very good adhesion. A couple shallow dents were then filled, and then painted again with 3-4 coats of Epoxy Primer again (instead of 1-2 coats of softer high-build primer). Bumper was then blocked sanded with 220 - 320 - 400 and wet sanded with 600 & 800 grit... so it is ready for base/clear now.

Backside had typical surface rust. It was roughed with a red scotch-brite pad and painted with Rustoleum (simple & hidden).

Okay i ll take the rear but is it chrome or stripped?
Sorry, I completely missed your comment of “I’ll take it”. Haha. Send me your shipping address and I’ll get it sent out on Tuesday. You can Venmo me at

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry, I completely missed your comment of “I’ll take it”. Haha. Send me your shipping address and I’ll get it sent out on Tuesday. You can Venmo me at
Shoot okay this coming saturday am going to see mopar event to see of i can find those if not find i probably end up buy your rear as for now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back