70-71 Dart Grill

-

ES848

Reaction score
Trying to get an idea of what these normally sell for. The only one I've come across is on ebay for $1,600 :| (said grill in pic below) I have a complete extra one laying around in decent shape with turn signal covers and headlight surrounds that I was considering selling.
$_57.jpg

You might try running a search in the classifieds for "dart grille" and compare yours to the ones currently available or recently sold. The ones I've seen in "driver" shape with all pieces (lenses, etc) for somewhere around $200...the condition, completeness, and presentation (and current demand) will determine how well you do.

Just some perspective here:

I've purchased 2 Duster/Valiant grilles off here for less than $300, for the both of them, and they're perfectly serviceable complete grilles. I don't need either of them, but I figure the first bird strike I get in there will ruin the one currently installed and I like having spare parts.

The one pictured was an NOS. That's why the asking price was so much.

Was probably the same grille that sold on moparts with a listing price of $1100.

A bit off topic, but anyone know why some of these grills have black fins and others painted silver like the outside? Were some only offered on certain models or years?

Not really off topic at all IMO...

I think the year and trim model has something to do with it...or quite possibly, some people just rattle canned theirs :)

A bit off topic, but anyone know why some of these grills have black fins and others painted silver like the outside? Were some only offered on certain models or years?

'70 had silver fins, '71 had black fins (the one pictured above is a '71). '71 demon sizzlers had the argent painted part of the grille colormatched to the exterior too for certain colors, could be yellow, red, etc.

'70 had silver fins, '71 had black fins (the one pictured above is a '71). '71 demon sizzlers had the argent painted part of the grille colormatched to the exterior too for certain colors, could be yellow, red, etc.

That explains a lot, thank you.
I was wondering what IDIOT painted the Wife's grill yellow. :D

i would ebay it. i think $1000 is closer to street value. the cars restored are maxing out at 35-40K so you would have to find a really speacial dart that someone wanted to restore to pay your asking price, but who knows there are buyers out there for everthing

FYI 340 duster grills are re-popped now @ $600

-
Back