[WANTED] 70-71 Dart Jack hook

-
More info:

I have a 72 rear bumper with slots and a 71 front bumper with no slots. I already have a jack for the 72 style slotted bumpers but that obviously won't work on the front. My plan was to modify a 70/71 hook by welding a slotted plate to the back of it. I see new and NOS hooks available but I don't want to spend that kind of money just to mess it up with my modifications.

More info:

I have a 72 rear bumper with slots and a 71 front bumper with no slots. I already have a jack for the 72 style slotted bumpers but that obviously won't work on the front. My plan was to modify a 70/71 hook by welding a slotted plate to the back of it. I see new and NOS hooks available but I don't want to spend that kind of money just to mess it up with my modifications.
Check the bottom edge of your rear bumper. Good chance it still has the notches for the hook. I know a 73 Scamp rear bumper I have has both the slots for the 72 up style jack as well as the notches for the 70 hook.

Check the bottom edge of your rear bumper. Good chance it still has the notches for the hook. I know a 73 Scamp rear bumper I have has both the slots for the 72 up style jack as well as the notches for the 70 hook.
the only thing is, I have a 72 jack already. So even if my rear bumper has provisions for the hook, I’d need a different jack and the hook

the only thing is, I have a 72 jack already. So even if my rear bumper has provisions for the hook, I’d need a different jack and the hook
Right. But I'm saying that with the 70 style jack and hook, there should be no need to modify it.

-
Back