70-72 Duster hood compatibility

-
Yes, u need the grill and other associated parts. Kim

While technically true, I think you’ve oversimplified a bit.

To run the hood, you’d need the hood latch panel, the grille, the lower grille panel, the bumper, and bumper brackets. And installing the grille and headlight surrounds will require adding some brackets and holes not found on the later cars.

And there are additional caveats to some of those, like, depending on the build date of the ‘74 the frame rails may not have the mounts on the frame needed for the earlier bumper brackets.

Basically it’s a full front clip swap, minus the fenders, which need some minor modification to mount the grille and latch panel.

While technically true, I think you’ve oversimplified a bit.

To run the hood, you’d need the hood latch panel, the grille, the lower grille panel, the bumper, and bumper brackets. And installing the grille and headlight surrounds will require adding some brackets and holes not found on the later cars.

And there are additional caveats to some of those, like, depending on the build date of the ‘74 the frame rails may not have the mounts on the frame needed for the earlier bumper brackets.

Basically it’s a full front clip swap, minus the fenders, which need some minor modification to mount the grille and latch panel.
Yes, that’s true. Kim

Does anyone know if these additional parts are available aftermarket or could it turn into an endless search for a bunch of parts unless I find a donor clip/car?

I dunno about “endless”, the parts are out there and it’s not like you need dozens of pieces. But no, most of them are not available aftermarket so you would have to find them used.

-
Back