70-75 bucket seat track width?

-

carcrazyguy

Reaction score
Is there difference in the bucket seat tracks for 70-75 A bodies? If so, anyone have a picture of the different tracks for the different model years?

i know the early 70 71 72 are 12"x12" square. not sure on the 74 75 since the floor i think was different due to the cat.

Ok. So the shop putting together the 70 Duster said the seat tracks on my seats are 13" apart and the holes that a previous shop drilled are 15" apart? Trying to figure out if the holes were in the wrong spot or the tracks on the seats I got are wrong. All while being half a state away.

So if I used these seats (72 models), the tracks should be the correct seats to bolt in a 70. Just a matter of getting the holes in the right spot, correct?

Attachments

• Duster bucket seat.jpg
    106.5 KB · Views: 141
After searching a bit more. Looks like the shop is probably trying to install the buckets using the outer bench seat holes and those need to be drilled just inside the bench seat "riser"?

The 74 down seats are the same, bolt pattern wise. The 75 up had the same pattern on the passenger side (I think), but the driver's side was different due to the hump for the catalytic converter, and the inner riser was shorter.

If the floor is solid and hasn't been butchered, there should be four divots in the floor to mark where to drill. The bench seat hump is not used, just plug the holes in it. Also, the factory setup had some extra plates on the rear holes, or maybe the inside holes, to stiffen the floor. Seen many a floor that is cracked and split because those plates were missing.

Looked back through my pics of the progress and found a shot of the floor. It does appear the outer holes have not been drilled for the bucket seats. So that is likely the issue. He was probably trying to use the outer bench seat hole.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 169
-
Back