70 charger value?

-

66dartman

Reaction score
Friend of mine found out about a 70 charger 500 383 car that was in the same family since new. We drove 800 miles to look at it since he heard the 23 year old girl who owned it wanted to sell. Car was pretty nice, rusty trunk floor and rear quarters and door dings. It needs a restoration. Offered 12K for the car and was turned down. Values on these things are all over the place, but she wants about 30K for it. I don't think it's worth it since there is nothing special about the car. I felt the high value on it was probobly 15K. Am I wrong? Are one owner cars really worth that much? The market is so crazy right now I had to put this out there.

wow its kinda funny just thinking a car that needs to be restored is 12k ouch yeah there is no way she will get 30k especially since its not a rare ride like a hemi 4 speed or something, personaly i think that was about right the 12-15k but thats my opnion but thats just me others will probably dis agree

My dad got called to do an appraisal on a 70 roadrunner that had a 440 in it and only had 68,000 on it, 1/4 mile at a time.The lady that had it was the only owner of the car and got it for drag racing. It turnned out that it was an original hemi with power windows and a hardtop, hood pins, ect.
There was a guy that lived about 2 hrs away that had the original hemi that came in the car it was pulled with only 6000 miles.
The car had no rust and it had the seats out of a challenger, the paint was wrong and it had a mailbox hood scoop. I think that in as is condition he pegged it at $13,000. The last I heard the guy with the hemi offered her 20 grand for it.
30K for a 500 with a 383 that has rusty trunk floors and rear quarters that need work is way too high. But thanks to everyone that watched the Barrett Jackson auctions and that bald guy that bought everything, everyone with a old car forsale thinks that they are worth a fortune.

Amen, 360scamp. Maybe if I could have gotten to the car before the girl had talked to all the cable tv watching "experts", she would have taken 12K. In the area where the car is, there is not a lot of money, kinda' economically depressed it seemed. 12K would have gone a long ways on bill paying, or so I thought. Oh well, I'm sure some sap will come along and pay her what she wants, just not me!

the 70 charger 500's are a dime a dozen they are no rarer then the base model chargers oh the past yrs (68-69) , 12k is way 2 much for one,a 69 500 will get way over that price in that condition but thats a whole different story

-
Back