70 Dart Front Wheel/Tire Size Question

-

69GT

Reaction score
I'm thinking of changing wheels on my 70 Dart for a different look. I currently have sbp 15" Cragars. The fronts are the standard 15" x 6" with 3 3/8" bs and have 205-70-15 tires on them. I have had no issues with rubbing. If I change to another wheel, I would like to go to a 15" x 7" on the front if possible. What I would like to know is if anyone is running 15" x 7" on the front of their Dart and if so, what back spacing are your wheels and what do you think the tallest tire is that I could run that will both fit on a 7" wide wheel and not rub?

I'm thinking of changing wheels on my 70 Dart for a different look. I currently have sbp 15" Cragars. The fronts are the standard 15" x 6" with 3 3/8" bs and have 205-70-15 tires on them. I have had no issues with rubbing. If I change to another wheel, I would like to go to a 15" x 7" on the front if possible. What I would like to know is if anyone is running 15" x 7" on the front of their Dart and if so, what back spacing are your wheels and what do you think the tallest tire is that I could run that will both fit on a 7" wide wheel and not rub?

I used to run 15x7 65 series on my Dart with a 215 tire and had zero issue's.
They were 4.5 backspace.

Oddly enough I have 225/40-17 with an 8 inch rim on the front now and they don't rub anywhere with the 4.5 backspace.
Total tire height you can run will have a lot to do with your preferred ride height.

26" tire is the max. If the car is lowered, a bit less. 4 1/4" or 4 1/2" backspacing with a 7" wheel should be good.

-
Back