'70 dart parking brake cable

-

65-440

Reaction score
ok, ive done my research and i know its been discussed before ... but .... i am replacing my e-brake cables, the rear ones are simple. but the front is killing me ... there was no cable when i purchased the car so i am trying to route it from scratch ... i know from the firewall it is supposed to go b/t the frame and floor pan, but its not happenning for me ! cant get the braided cable to fit through, nevermind the sheathing and clip on the end ! any help / pictures would be much appreciated !!! thanks !

What frame? Unibody. Loop down to the rear, bracket there to hold it up, then to tee at rear cables. Then use pliers to pull back the sheathing, and ... what? should be threads on the rear end. You mean front? Pull cable out with pliers.

Then use pliers to pull back the sheathing, and ... what? should be threads on the rear end. You mean front? Pull cable out with pliers.

what the ?? i never said anything about threads ! ... its still a frame, just not full frame ... i know the difference b/t unibody car and full frame car, thank you ! .....

i got the front cable installed, after some cursing and kicking tools around finally got the cable through the slot under the floor pan !!

excuse me.

no need for that dude, my original question was on how to route the cable underneath the floor pan, through the torque box to the first hole. was giving my trouble trying to navigate around the headers and Z-bar .. i posted my question out of frustration, but after a break i got it through ! thanks ..

-
Back