70 Dart s6 to 360 project

-

wafastr

Reaction score
In converting from points ignition to the electronic with added MSD, should I change my old wire loom to a factory reproduction one for electronic ignition? This would require the right resistor and control box, unless the MSD replaces all that (I have never had one before). Also, some original wires may not reach areas on the 360 that they did on a slant six, and I will be adding a wire for an electric choke. My project is also posted under this same name in Member Restorations.

our old harness is fine just clean all terminals/connections. Yes the MSD elims the ECU/ballast and you connect the blue wire ign1 run circuit and the ign2 crank circuit together so the MSD gets fire in crank and in run. You'd wanna get an MSD compatible coil like the blaster 2 and an (E) coil would be even better. MSD will have the diagrams on how to wire it up, iirc a large red and black go to batt post terminals and a smaller red and black go to coil positive/neg terminals respectively but check their site. EDIT A guy just posted that the orange and black wires go to the coil and the small red wire goes to the blue ign1 run and brown ign2 wires that you connect together as you are bypassing the ballast (connect all three together) & the large red and black go to the batt posts

Thanks, I figured the MSD instructions would make it clear. I will read through them to get familiar with the process. I didn't even think about a different coil, I have an Accel coil of stock size, not a super coil.

-
Back