70 Dart Steering Column lockout

-

pa340dart

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Looking to see if anyone has a pic of the bracket that is bolted to the bellhousing of a 70 Swinger 340 4speed. this bracket has a bushing in it and supports the bellcrank for the steering column/transmission lock out system NOTE not the clutch bellcrank.
Its the only piece I cannot identify
Thanks

I used to have the little torque shaft and I still have the lock lever that used to be so hard to find

I may have something close to it. It mounts like a bell crank and has a plastic bushing. The torque shaft fits one end there and has another on a place near the frame believe. 70 dart service manual has a diagram

This is what I like about this site and its members
even though I posted in 2015, a reply comes in in 2020 :thumbsup: @ JoeDragster Thank you
yes its pictured in the 70 FSM page 21-72 lower diagram for all, View B for 10-1/2 clutch, lost mine years ago, bought a few at Carlisle threw the years, but always the wrong one. PM me if you locate it and want to sell it
Thanks again

The funny thing is I’m looking for the one I had when I had my 1st 70 dart car. I had it. I know I did not sell it but is in a pile somewhere I hope.

I think those things got thrown away long ago. I idiotically chunked my Gtx exhaust manifolds and installed headers back in 73 along with the floor shift auto console which I swapped out for a 4 speed.

I surprised brewers hasn’t fabricated some of those. Or someone else. They look like an oriental style finger trap to me!

Check with Tony d’ Agostino. He would know and also Dave on this site might know. Find two and I will buy the other

-
Back