70 Dart sway bar bushings.

-

Johnny Dart

Reaction score
Can someone enlighten me on the removal/replacement of the sway bar bushings of a factory 70 Dart.

Also where can I get replacement bushings.

Thanks alot.

should be 2 brackets on the K frame. unbolt them, unbolt the links attaching the sway bar to the lower control arm.
you'll then need to cut away the old bushings, get new ones. and push em on. I got mine from Mancini. just get the dimension of the sway bar and they'll hook you up.

- Stu

You say "push them on".
Did you find a easy way of doing it?
It just doesnt seem like it is going to be that simple.

Appreciate the help.

i have wondered the same thing. i was about to start a thread about this very same thing. the push them on thing gets me. the hole in the end of the bushing is not big enough to go over the end links. poly bushings do not "give", and i don't want to ruin them before i even get them on.

I use plain ole dishsoap. Apply liberally to bushing and sway bar right out of bottle and twist it back and forth while pushing until its where you need it, rinse and dry. Plus it makes your hands clean and sway bar smell reeeal nice. Rob

i tried this already and was starting to mess the bushing up. the bushing hole is seemingly 1inch and the end link hole is about 1 1/4 inches around.....poly does not give to easy.

put the poly bushings in hot, hot water for a minute or two, grab it with gloves. put some grease on the bar end and take the bushing from the just boiling hot water and start sliding them on. yes a pita. now into the bracket..........fun. my buddy cut open his frame brackets, put the bushings in place and then carefully welded them back shut, cooling it off after every tack. it looked fine to me but you choose your own path.

hey the hot water trick sounds like it might work. i hadn't thought of that. i will give that a try......

-
Back