-
Status
Not open for further replies.

MisterGuy

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
Hello all, I have a '70 Swinger for sale. 72,000 original miles. Body is in very nice shape. She starts on the first turn of the key! Venerable 225 slant 6/auto, PS, AM radio. Everything works except the gas gauge. 4 brand new tires, new carb, radiator re-cored, new battery, new points. With the exception of a missing horn ring, this car is all original and is exactly as it came off the Chrysler assembly line. I am the 2nd owner, and it has been garaged for the 12 years or so I have owned it. I have too many projects and not enough time, so something has to go. $9,000. Car is located in Circleville, Ohio...about 45 minutes south of Columbus.

Dart20.jpg

Dart18.jpg

Dart17.jpg

Dart12.jpg

Dart11.jpg

Dart8.jpg

Dart2.jpg

It is somewhere between a yellow and gold. Chrysler had several different shades that were very close to each other: gold metallic, yellow, light bronze metallic, and cream. I'm not sure which one mine is--they look so close to each other in the dealer brochure.

Yes, the body is in remarkably good shape for a car of its age. Just a few spots where the paint is bubbling, and 1 tiny dent about an inch long.

I think it's FY2 "sunfire yellow". Nice color, especially with a vinyl roof.
That sounds like a color that Chrysler would have come up with in the 70s! Yes, I always did like that color. I have a Plymouth wagon that is the same color, and it is a nice contrast to the wood paneling that you saw on so many of the wagons of that era.

Sunfire yellow stopped in 69 IIRC.

It may be Y3 cream or L1 sand pebble

Is the fender tag on the apron near your battery?

Seemingly, Y2 was still offered in 1970, but only by Plymouth.
This Swinger must be painted in another color, you're right.

70 colors.jpg

Commentary on color needs to be taken to private conversation please.
Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back