70 Dart Swinger Build Sheet

-

70DartSteve

Reaction score
Trying to decode a couple of strange things on my build sheet.

Under the "Heavy Duty Fleet" or "F" section my sheet has the following codes.

F01 =1 POLICE PACKAGE ???
F1- = 7 RADIO SUPPRESSOR
F17 = 7 RADIO AGAIN?
F2- = 8 500 A/HR BATTERY
F2- = 2 BATTERY/ALT.
F3- = 2 SPOTLIGHT LT ???
F3- = 6 SPOTLIGHT RT ???
F38 = 5 ROOF LIGHT REINF ???

At first look you would think Police package? Was there even such a thing as a police Dart? The car has a lot of its original paint but I cannot see any signs of spotlights. Looking inside the A pillar there are no signs of spotlight holes.
The build sheet shows it as a "Sales pool" car so why the police codes?

Thanks for any help. I have enjoyed the site for years now on the outside but glad to be on the inside.

I have scanned the build sheet to show the codes in the fleet boxes. The code descriptions show in previous post. Any info appreciated, Thanks.

Attachments

• Build Sheet Web.jpg
    138.7 KB · Views: 142
This has been covered here in the past some, but the short version is that the Windsor plant used their own F-codes. So far I have not seen a cheat sheet to decipher them, but they are not police codes.

my research shows that all build sheets that were under the back seat (code 3) had lines 7-11 deleted and all digits were under the F codes

the fender tag have the correct option codes that ere added to the exterior except tire, wheels and shocks

Thanks for the feedback. I have the fender tag and the listed options on it are all still equipped.
I doubted they were ever police codes but I just could not find anything that said anything else. Maybe one day I will come across a guy who worked in Windsor back in the day.

-
Back