70 Dart Swinger steering wheel question

-

Hemiorangeswinger

Dodge Material
Reaction score
I was just wondering if there were two types of base steering wheels offered in the 1970 Swinger. I noticed mine has the dodge logo in the center of the horn button and the spokes curve out towards the driver at the end (seen in pic) I've also seen them with no dodge logo and straight spokes and a thinner horn pad (looks like it has thicker spokes also) I was wondering if mines original to the car because the second one seems more popular? My car is an early build if that makes a difference. Sept 22, 1969

null_zpsab4eff40.png

null_zps82d9f876.jpg

The wheel in the top pic is newer than 1970, the bottom pic is the standard wheel for the 70 Dart. The same wheel was standard on the 70 B-body As well, and can be tough to find a nice one.

Thanks for the info! Well it looks like I'll be adding a steering wheel to my wish list now, haha. Maybe someone else will need this one.. It's in perfect shape and has the dodge logo horn pad. Now that I think of it my old 71 Duster had this exact same wheel.

According to my 1970 Dart sales brochure there was the rim blow wheel and the partial horn ring wheel.

Thanks for the info! Well it looks like I'll be adding a steering wheel to my wish list now, haha. Maybe someone else will need this one.. It's in perfect shape and has the dodge logo horn pad. Now that I think of it my old 71 Duster had this exact same wheel.

Here you go! This is the correct wheel that a member donated to the benefit auction, a black 1970 standard wheel, I have a bid in on it but feel free to outbid me, my bid is low too!!

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=231269&page=10

Thanks for letting me know about that wheel! I actually picked one up locally this weekend thats in perfect shape... one more piece of the puzzle complete!

-
Back