70 Dart vent door fell off ?? Fix?

-

Mopar92

Reaction score
I have owned this very solid 70 Dart now for 24 years. It's never lived outside since I've owned it and rarely driven. I went out to look inside it today for some reason. I noticed the passenger side lower vent box door was laying on the floor. WTF? I didn't have time to look at it. I just shook my head and closed it up and covered it back up. Is this common? Are the spot welded? Uggh.

The door is riveted to a bracket. The rivets act as a hinge. The rivets on my dart were half froze up. When I tried to open it up, the rivets on the bracket pulled out or tried to pull out of the fiberglass. I am restoring my dart, so I fiberglassed up the holes and re drilled them. This may not work for you the way it sounds. Maybe you can use some small machine bolts to hold the bracket to the box. This is assuming that the bracket is what pulled off of the box. Hope this helps.

I was very tired today and behind with work. I wasn't disgusted but I didn't even pick it up. I'll look tomorrow.

Sorry your vent door fell off but I kinda chuckled when I got a visual of you in a crappy mood and seeing it lying there and just closing the door. I've been there myself a few times

just happened me.I'm rebuilding my ac heater box when i opened the door it
feel off in my hand . i only used enought pressure to open the door

-
Back