70 Dart, welds, Mickey ET streets. Tight fit!

-

Shainesboostin

Reaction score
I lied. There knock offs, bit still love em! However they are a TIGHT fit. Originally I bought 4.5" backspace wheels. The tires are 255 60 15. But, compared to a standard 255 they are MUCH wider. They rubbed the quaters slightly. So, bought a set of 5.5" backspace, they fit now however, they are about 1/4 front the front of the leaf. Hopefully they don't end up rubbing to bad. But thought I'd share the look. This is on a 8.75 rear, offset shackles.

20170217_125159.jpg

20170217_210438.jpg

A-body 8 3/4 with big bolt pattern axles? 15x8's?

Yeah the section width can vary by a lot from one manufacturer to the next, makes a big difference when you're getting down to the last little bit for clearance. 1/4" is pretty tight to the springs for that much sidewall, you should have a little room to the quarter so if it ends up rubbing on the springs you might try a 1/8" spacer.

I lied. There knock offs, bit still love em! However they are a TIGHT fit. Originally I bought 4.5" backspace wheels. The tires are 255 60 15. But, compared to a standard 255 they are MUCH wider. They rubbed the quaters slightly. So, bought a set of 5.5" backspace, they fit now however, they are about 1/4 front the front of the leaf. Hopefully they don't end up rubbing to bad. But thought I'd share the look. This is on a 8.75 rear, offset shackles.

View attachment 1715019218

View attachment 1715019219
nice looking car-----------

A-body 8 3/4 with big bolt pattern axles? 15x8's?

Yeah the section width can vary by a lot from one manufacturer to the next, makes a big difference when you're getting down to the last little bit for clearance. 1/4" is pretty tight to the springs for that much sidewall, you should have a little room to the quarter so if it ends up rubbing on the springs you might try a 1/8" spacer.

Yea that's what I was thinking, like I said, just didn't know with the spacer it I'd have enough thread on three studs to be safe.

I got 15x7 with 4.5" backspace wheels from the Mopar dude, with 255 mickey drag radials they fit right in my 72 swinger...

your car looks great!

Yea that's what I was thinking, like I said, just didn't know with the spacer it I'd have enough thread on three studs to be safe.

Depends on how long the studs are to begin with. If they're original studs then possibly not, the stock studs are barely long enough with some of the aftermarket wheels as it is. But with those tires you'd probably be wise to upgrade the studs anyway.

Typo! THE studs. For an UPDATE. I took the car out, beat on it a bit, actually went out racing and didn't get any marks. So gonna run it.

That's what counts! :thumbsup:

If you ran it hard and didn't get any rubbing you should be good to go. Just remember if your clearance is really tight to the springs to pay attention to your tire pressures, because a little extra sidewall flex from a lower pressure can be enough of a difference to cause problems. Not a big deal, just something to pay closer attention to with a tight clearance like that.

-
Back