70 Disc vs 73 disc

-

draginmopars

Reaction score
we have been gathering parts to rebuild a 70 Dart Swinger

If we change out the K-H brakes for the 73 Disc,
Since it needs front-end work anyway
Will the tire track width change, (be Wider)

want to use 15 x 7 all the way around
have all the parts to do the job

14" performance tires seem harder to find lately

011.jpg

IIRC,there is a difference between lower ball joint shaft diameters & taper. Did this swap 20 years ago,on my 67 notch Cuda. I got lucky,and found a set of shims locally,to make the difference. If I am not mistaken,Dr. Diff was selling them now. Or swap ,to the 73 lower control arm. Either way,73 calipers are so much cheaper,than the Kelsey Hayes 4 piston stuff.

IIRC,there is a difference between lower ball joint shaft diameters & taper. Did this swap 20 years ago,on my 67 notch Cuda. I got lucky,and found a set of shims locally,to make the difference. If I am not mistaken,Dr. Diff was selling them now. Or swap ,to the 73 lower control arm. Either way,73 calipers are so much cheaper,than the Kelsey Hayes 4 piston stuff.

The lower ball joint may be different but the lower control arms are the same unless you have sway bar brackets. The 73+ upper control arms had the bigger ball joint that match the 73+ spindle. IMO the swap to the 73+ brakes and ball joints is good swap from a cost of parts perspective. You have to use the larger bolt pattern wheels though.

It's the UCA that are different. The 73 up spindles use a larger ball joint than the early models.

thanks for the info

This will be a long term project
was looking for buckets and console to make it factory,change it back to Auto
but since
We are putting the 73-up discs and narrowed BBP rear axle in,
decide to leave it bench/pistol grip
15 x 7 front
15 x 10 rear
guess, I'm trying to replace the 340 4-speed Demon
had many years ago
getting ready to replace the Quarters, rear valance/ widen the tubs
got lots of new chrome, bumpers etc, after paint