70 duster 440 radiator

-

tkowalchuk

70 Duster with a 440
Reaction score
Hey all I am putting a 440 in place of the /6 in my 70 Duster. This is for a street cruising car.
What should i do about cooling? Is there a specific radiator i should be watching for online? Should i get electric fans?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

The biggest one you can get in there without cutting - NO to electric fans

DSCF0627.JPG

DSCF0628.JPG

Do you have a part number and such?

Is this adequate with cooling your 440? I can do some cutting on my car.

I have a Be Cool crossflow in it now and it's unproven but I see no reason
why it shouldn't suffice the Champion with electric fans was junk at best

for a daily driver i use a b or c body 26'' , you must cut the radiator openning in the core support wider . and beat the lower core support cross member a little , room for the lower tank . if your rb motor is warmed up then a bigger core will be required . this was a heated up b motor in a daily dart .
DSC06102.JPG

That's a mombo shroud. Love it...can eat dinner off that dude!!! LOL. You have similar set up as me with regards to the rigid fan with a spacer. Space is at a premium with these things. I have a Champion 3 Row....we'll see if it cools with the new fan setup.
The biggest one you can get in there without cutting - NO to electric fans

View attachment 1714964044

View attachment 1714964045
WAIT...you got clutch on that thing??? What's total depth of that thing from the face of the water pump Pulley??

for a daily driver i use a b or c body 26'' , you must cut the radiator openning in the core support wider . and beat the lower core support cross member a little , room for the lower tank . if your rb motor is warmed up then a bigger core will be required . this was a heated up b motor in a daily dart . View attachment 1714964085

What do you mean by warmed up?

WAIT...you got clutch on that thing??? What's total depth of that thing from the face of the water pump Pulley??
Correct it's got the Hayden Jag clutch on it now but only about 1/4" gap to the radiator if ever a belt problem would have to remove the shroud and radiator so will be using a spacer

I have a Be Cool crossflow in it now and it's unproven but I see no reason
why it shouldn't suffice the Champion with electric fans was junk at best

Why is the champion radiator junk?

And I would of thought having electric fans would be better.

-
Back