70 Duster Blue Carpet Color

-

mitch340Duster

Reaction score
Hey Guys, just received new carpet from ACC but I'm really disappointed in the color. It's the only blue they list for that application (medium blue) and it's really light and girly. I was somehow expecting a much darker shade. This is for a "correct" restoration.
Car is coded for carpeting but I don't see any code for a carpet color. Car is B5 blue, B7 interior paint, and white seats. All of the carpet had been removed from the car before I got it so I have nothing to compare it to.
If feedback says this awful color is correct I'll use it but thought I'd throw this inquiry out-there first. Thank in advance
BTW the color is sorta similar to the blue smiley face icon that should post with this

here's my blue carpet from ACC mine is B7

Attachments

• IMG_1047.jpg
    211.2 KB · Views: 176
  • IMG_1048.jpg
    110.5 KB · Views: 177
Hey Dave, we met some time ago at your house when I got some stuff from you (blue interior stuff I think, actually). Thanks for the help. Ya know what guys? I think the knee-jerk reaction from opening the box and being surprised got the best of me. Based on Dave's photos and some further research it appears that the carpets were not a darker blue as I expected, and I apologize for that. Actually when I compared it to the finished dash assembly it doesn't really look too bad, so assuming now that it's at least similar to the original color I'll keep it. Thanks again

http://www.mitchamatrudo.com/duster/duster.html

Just for future reference if you call legendary they will send you samples for free so you can compare.

I didn't have any old stuff to compare it to Dom, so I was just guessing/hoping that it would have been a darker blue. Found some pics of other 70 Chryslers as well as Dave's and all the carpets were light so i'm good....Funny you said that though cuz just last night I ordered headliner samples....thx 4 the tip.
Latest pics are on the web page but in my last update I promised no further updates until the car is home. It's jambed-out and the other day the guy was blocking it out before final paint. I'm hoping next week or sooner. 28 months in the body shop for a "1 month job". Looks good though
http://www.mitchamatrudo.com/duster/duster.html

-
Back