70 Duster clone from a 73

-

-Boosted-

Hard Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Sorry if this has been asked, I did a search but couldn't find what I was looking for.

I am purchasing a clean 73 Duster but what I really wanted was a 70. My question is, is it feasible to convert the exterior to look like a 70? I am assuming I need to swap the hood, grille, front and rear bumpers and rear taillights and panel.

Thanks in advance.
Bill

And yes, its doable, swap hood, fenders, grille, bumpers, rear taillight panels and lights, and all 4 marker lights.

In my opinion, just enjoy the 73 for what it is!
I get it and if it were more complete, I would do just that but this car is on the borderline of being a parts car.... lol. That said, if I am buying a bunch of parts just to put it back together, I might as well build it the way I want.

Why are the fenders nesc is it the side marker lights or the grille bezel

The fenders would only be necessary for the side markers. There are some minor bracket issues you’d have to address with the early grille and the later fenders, but it’s basically just drilling a few holes for the earlier brackets to mount the grille.

And the rear bumper doesn’t need to be swapped, it’s the same except for maybe jack slots? ‘73 didn’t have shock mount bumpers.

So for a ‘70 you’d need to swap the hood, hood latch support panel, grille and headlight surrounds, front bumper, brackets and filler panel, tail light panel, tail lights, and all 4 marker lights. Plus drilling some holes for the earlier grille and headlight surrounds.

If you wanted to make it look like a ‘72, you could leave all the marker lights alone.

-
Back